This question is answered

One month free trial of Xbox Live Gold Membership?

• Level   1

Isn't there supposed to be a free month of gold membership? If so, my account didn't get. I signed up, but I don't have my month free. I am wondering how to access my account on getting my one free month of gold. Please help. I really want to play online!

Verified Answer
  • Sorry, but the free month is only available by creating a brand new account. Every console comes with a free month for up to 3 gamertags. It's only available during the account creation process by choosing yes to Join Live and then choosing Upgrade Later when it gives you the gold options. If the trial is available, it automatically gives it to you.

All Replies
    • Level   1

Please don't say anything like make another account! I want to use this one!

• Sorry, but the free month is only available by creating a brand new account. Every console comes with a free month for up to 3 gamertags. It's only available during the account creation process by choosing yes to Join Live and then choosing Upgrade Later when it gives you the gold options. If the trial is available, it automatically gives it to you.

• Level   1

Actually, they have a free one month trial right now on the xbox, but I can`t find it online

• Level   V

Dashboard promotions are only available on the dashboard, not through the website.

• Level   1

SMwutches has it on point.  Free month of Xbox Gold Live supscriptions are for new accounts only.  In addition, the console provides the Xbox Gold Live subscription and can recognize when a total of three (1) month trials have been given out and will cease to offer that promotion to any new profile beyond that point.  This is important to know as if you purchase a console second hand that owner may have used up those accounts already on that one console.

As for promotions you find on the Xbox dashboard (now called the homepage) is sent out directly to that one specific account, you may not or will not see that same offer on another account downloaded to the same console as the promotion is sent out specifically for that specific account.  These promotions can last as little as 24 hours up to how ever long the promotion is running.  These offers are considerd, dashboard (homepage) promotions only and are must be accepted when presented and are not available via the website or phone support.

Passes that come included in your game, such as 48 hour gold trials are designed to be specifically for that game that they came with.  Most often they will give you Gold Live whether or not you have used up your free trial before, or had a Gold Live subscription on your account in the past and are now a Free Live member.  The trade off is it will only work for that specific game and you may find many other Gold Live subscription features locked or not accessable.

• Level   1

Hey there! Im newbie here and I just purchased new console with kinect. I signed up for the new account but unfortunately I dont have any one month trial. where can I get that, please teach me how.. Thank you in advance! :)

• Level   S

Hey there Katern! In order to qualify for this free membership trial, you must create the account on the console, decline the option to purchase a Gold subscription, and then accept the offer for the trial. If you have exited this setup process though, there is no way to get back to the option to accept the trial.

The console can provide up to three of these trials, so if you are the fourth person to create an account, the trial may not be offered any more. Please let me know if this helps, thanks!

• Level   1

hi

• Level   1

hi

• Level   2

Hey devine radiation. Even though you are unable to get the free one month member ship the console is always offering deals for customers looking to go gold. If you have your privacy settings set to adult you can go to the games tab on the dash and the middle box that scrolls through advertisements usually has a great deal for people looking to upgrade. Right now I think the popular one is the $2 for 2 months.

• Level   1

Please help me in need xbox codes please send it to  [MOD EDIT] 

• Level   V

Steve, asking for codes is not allowed on the forums. You also shouldn't post your personal information, like your email address.

• Level   1

OK