This question is answered

Login Error Code 8015D003

• Level   2

I'm having an issue logging into Xbox Live. It keeps prompting me through the following steps:

• "We need the email address and password for your Microsoft account so we can check and update the security of your Xbox profile". I click continue.
  • "Enter the email address for your Microsoft account." I enter my email.
  • "Enter the password for your Microsoft account." I enter my password.
  • "Sorry, something's wrong with your Microsoft account. Go to https://account.live.com for help. Code: 8015D003"
I've looked up the Xbox.com help page for 8015D003, and did all the options they provided, to no avail.
Verified Answer
    • Level   2
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

Okay, it's working now. Here's what I did to get it to work:

• Deleted just my profile (kept the saves, etc.)
    • Put in another Xbox hard drive, and moved my profile to a USB stick (just in case)
    • Redownloaded my profile to the other hard drive. I had to reset my Microsoft account password to get this to work, otherwise it said my credentials were incorrect.
    • Swapped back to my original hard drive, reset my MS password again (same error as last step) and redownloaded my profile.
    Now it's working.
All Replies
    • Level   1

Clear the system cache

1. Press the Guide button on your controller.
    2. Go to settings and select System Settings.
    3. Select Storage or Memory.
    4. Highlight any storage device, and then press Y on your controller. (It doesn't matter which storage device you select; the cache will be cleared for all storage devices.)
    5. Select Clear System Cache.
    6. When prompted to confirm storage device maintenance, select Yes.
    • Level   2

Yes, that's one of the options provided on the help page, it didn't work.

• Level   5

Try this solution, to get rid of the incompatible data from your profile:  

Move your profile to a USB flash drive:

1. Plug the USB flash drive into your console.

2. Go to settings and select Storage.

3. Select All Devices.

4. Select Profiles, and then select your gamer profile.

5. Select Move.

6. Select the Memory Unit that you want to move your profile to.

7. Remove the Memory Unit from your console.

After moving your profile, clear your system cache:

1.    Press the Guide button on your controller.

2.    Go to settings and select System Settings.

3.    Select Storage or Memory.

4.    Highlight any storage device, and then press Y on your controller. (It doesn't matter which storage device you select; the cache will be cleared for all storage devices.)

5.   Select Clear System Cache.

6.   When prompted to confirm storage device maintenance, select Yes

Finally redownload your profile.

Xbox Ambassador Program and Enforcement United

• Level   2

Tried that too, it didn't work.

• Level   2

I should also mention that I've tried logging into other Xbox 360's, and my profile works fine. I also tried deleting my profile on my Xbox and copying over my profile from another Xbox. None of this worked either.

• Level   2

I have a similar problem, mine does the same thing except it gives me code 80151103.

It tells me "Sorry, there was a problem. Please try again later."

• Level   4
    • Suggested Answer

Heylo! The error code 8015D003 refers to a problem with your Live profile. Since you already moved your profile, redownloaded it and cleared the system cache, did you also checked the Microsoft account? To do this, just log into https://account.live.com and verify your security proofs. If something is off, then check on My Account on the top of this page and see if there is anything out of the ordinary. Hope this helps!

Twitter
    Twitch.TV
    Of course, I can help you with your XBOX related questions by messages as well. That's how I roll. :D

• Level   2

I have no problems with my Live/Microsoft profile. It works fine everywhere by my Xbox. Like I said, I'm able to log in to another Xbox 360 just fine with no problems. It's something to do with my Xbox specifically.

• Level   S

Hey there Gods Game Freak!

I see you've tried some great steps so far. I suggest let's try a slightly different one and see if that helps us out:

If it still doesn't work after that, here's another thing you can try:

• If you know someone with a similar console to yours, you can try putting their hard drive in your console and seeing if your profile downloads/behaves properly on their hard drive in your console.
    • If so, then there may be an issue with your hard drive.

Let us know how that goes for you and we'll work with you from there! ^_^

• Level   2
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

Okay, it's working now. Here's what I did to get it to work:

• Deleted just my profile (kept the saves, etc.)
    • Put in another Xbox hard drive, and moved my profile to a USB stick (just in case)
    • Redownloaded my profile to the other hard drive. I had to reset my Microsoft account password to get this to work, otherwise it said my credentials were incorrect.
    • Swapped back to my original hard drive, reset my MS password again (same error as last step) and redownloaded my profile.
    Now it's working.