This question has suggested answer(s)

Can't Sign into Xbox Live while playing GTA 5

• Level   1

Ok this is really weird, but for some reason I can't sign into Xbox Live while playing Grand Theft Auto V. I can use Xbox Live like normal on other games and on the dashboard, but as soon as I start GTA 5, I am logged out, and when I try to connect again through the Xbox Guide, I get an error (sorry about not being specific, but I have gotten three errors so far). One of the errors was that my connection timed out, and another was that I just can't connect to Xbox Live. Please help!

All Replies
    • Level   4

Hey there Broken,

I suggest that you try the following:

1. Delete your profile (profile only, NOT profile and all items)

2. Clear the System Cache

3. Re-download your profile

Let us know if this worked for you =)

Regards,

SamxBroski

Huge Xbox LIVE fan and former Community Ambassador

Always open for questions

• Level   2
    • Suggested Answer

you may also want to try and reinstall gta5 to your HD may have gotten a bad install, clear system cache and redownload profile is great idea to0. but first id try to reinstall gta5 then clear system cache, and then redowwnlaod profile like SamxBroski has mentioned.

xXI Dad IXx  Ambassador for Xbox Live

• Level   4

As SamxBrowski has stated, this should resolve your issue. The only addition I would is between steps 2 and 3 make sure to restart your console. Typically with anyone having instant log out issues when starting a game/app, that process will resolve the issue.

Take the Xbox Forums Feedback Survey!

Customer Service Is Not a Department... It's an Attitude!

• Level   1

I don't get logged out when I start an app, it just disconnects me from Xbox Live. When I try and select "Connect to Xbox Live" in the guide,  it gives me the "You have been disconnected from Xbox Live" error. I don't know if this will shed any more light on the subject, but I am not sure I want to delete my profile.

• Level   2

I have the same problem I think, as soon as I start GTA5 I am disconnected from Xbox Live. Where my gamerpicture should be a blank square is showing and where my gamerscore should be there is a zero. When I want to sign in I have to enter my e-mail and password. When I tried there was an error and it corrupted my profile. I don't have this problem with other games.

Bezoek mijn weblog: NetwinWeblog.wordpress.com

• Level   4

Hey Netwin,

Zou je misschien een nieuwe post kunnen maken die jouw probleem beschrijft? Dit maakt het makkelijker om je te helpen =)

Gr. SamxBroski

Translation:

Hey Netwin,

Could you please make a new post regarding your issue. This will make it easier for us to help you =)

Regards,

SamxBroski

Huge Xbox LIVE fan and former Community Ambassador

Always open for questions

• Level   2

Hoi SamxBroski, dat zal ik doen :)

• Level   2

I wanted to edit my previous post with the link to my new post but can't find the edit button, but anyway, here is the link: forums.xbox.com/.../1590603.aspx :)

• Level   X

Hey there Broken,

Sorry to hear you're having disconnection issues.

Just to make sure that I completely understand what is happening:

1. You can connect and play apps fine.
    2. You can play games fine.
    3. When you try to play GTA V you get disconnected and cannot reconnect.
    4. Only GTA V has this error.

If that is all correct:

• How do you reconnect after you get disconnected from GTA? (restart console, etc.)
    • Can you try playing GTA on a different profile and see if you get signed out?
    • Are you able to try playing GTA while not connected to Xbox Live?
    • Try removing and reseating your hard drive.
    • If able, try downloading the game to a USB drive and playing from there.

That will help us narrow down what exactly might be causing the error. If you can let us know exactly what error code(s) you see, that will also give us a clearer picture.

Please let us know if I've understood things correctly and how those steps go and we'll work from there.

@Netwin - It looks like you've gotten everything sorted out in your other thread. Awesome! Happy Gaming! 

• Level   1

I am really fed up now It will not let me go online either.   I was fine before update now I try to go online it just says loading will not get past this.  All my friends are back playing online but not me. Why Why Why????????????

• Level   1

your probably banned