This question is answered

Connects to internet fine.....but no XBox live.

• Level   1

I am having trouble connecting to XBox live like some other people. None of the "solutions" work to restore this connection. I use the wireless network in my home for other things, and EVERYTHING else is working. Is there a way to bypass XBox live to use my Netflix account or will be better off using my son's Wii or a blu-ray player?

If this is an indication of the quality of service, there is no way I am renewing my subscription.

Verified Answer
  • is anyone still having this problem? mine works sometimes but it disconnects most of the time. If someone figured out how to fix this reply please

All Replies
    • Level   7

@UnbatedYapper5 - Is there anyway you can bypass your router and directly connect your XBOX 360 straight to your modem and then test the connection to see if it lets you on XBOX Live?

• Level   1

If the problem were consistent I would go through the trouble. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Connected on the 4th try yesterday and watched Netflix for a few hours. Then when I true this morning, same error message and I didn't feel like messing with it. Sounds like a server issue on the providers side. If there isn't a clear solution I will let the subscription run out on the 25th and be done with it. Laptop, iPhones, Wii, and wireless DVRs all work fine so I don't think it is on my side. And sometimes my Xbox works too, just not consistently. Don't have any patience for that much hassle just to access a service I already pay for like Netflix. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

• Level   1

I don't know man, I've been having the exact same problem, it's really starting to get out of hand. I'm now on my fourth day of no Xbox Live connection at all and I'm really getting angry, not a single solution that I have been given (dozens of "solutions" I assure you) has helped at all.

That which you know as Reapers are your salvation through destruction.
    • Level   1

I hear you. It worked fine for the first two weeks, then this. The only bright side is that I'm still on my first month of free service. If I had actually paid for it I would have really been upset about it.

• Level   2

Im having the same problems. Randomly can't sign in to XBOX live, yet other times I get on no problem. Each time I can't sign in, it says I can connect to my network and the internet, but can't sign in to LIVE

• Level   1

Same problem here, starting this morning. This is really frustrating as I have the day off and thought I'd enjoy some HULU shows I wanted to catch up on.  

Instead, I find myself spending my time off trying to fix @$%$ XBox problems.

Not appreciated, Microsoft.

• Level   1

"All you have to do is reset your router." Why do I need Xbox live to connect to Netflix/Hulu anyway? Maybe I'll just watch my shows in lower resolution on the kids Wii. At least it works consistently.

• Level   X

Hey Yapper, sorry to hear about the connection issues, but I'm happy to help figure them out, if your'e up for it. :-) To get started, can you please answer the bold questions listed here, to give us an idea of your network setup? Also, if you can tell us all of the steps you've tried so far, that should help us to not provide the same steps again.

Mister Fitzer - Xbox Community Engagement

• Level   1

Now it magically works again. WTF?! So what is tomorrow going to bring? Works fine, or crap-o-matic? It's this intermittent service that is driving me crazy and convinces me it's not on my side. Come the 25th I am done.

I am running Verizon Fios and have been using a wireless network in my house for a several years and nothing has given me fits like Xbox live has. I hope Microsoft figures this out because I will NOT pay just to use other services I already pay for like Netflix/Hulu. I fail to see what I can do to my router that will stop my console from losing the ability to connect to Xbox live.

• Level   1

It's been doing this to me for two days now. I have been a loyal customer for three years now and this pisses me off. I was online just moments ago and decided to take a short 30 minute break. Now I can't connect for no reason what-so-ever. I should be able to play online whenever I want. Not when Live decides it wants to work.

• Level   1

Exactly! And I shouldn't have to reset my network every day just to log into XBL. And resetting my console and router/modem doesn't help any way.

• Level   1

Same issue here.  One time it works great, next time I can't log-in.  Looking at a lot of the posts, it seems those that use a wireless connection seem to be having the issues.  

• Level   X

Hey Yapper, I can definitely understand the frustration, and I would love to help! However, I will you need you to answer the bold questions from the link in my last post to do so. Please take a look at those questions and post the requested details when you have a chance. :-)

Mister Fitzer - Xbox Community Engagement

• Level   1

i had problems all day today.. worked fine yesterday when i paid out for the 12 months.. yet it worked after about the 5th attempt at connection.. grrr

• is anyone still having this problem? mine works sometimes but it disconnects most of the time. If someone figured out how to fix this reply please