This question is answered

Can connect to Internet but cannot Connect to XBOX LIVE

• Level   1

I have tried everything including adding ports and turning router and modem off and going from Wireless to Wired connection and nothing seems to help. Here are the specs, if its possible Id really like some help as to why I cant log on, no bans or blocks on m account either.

What Country/State/Province do you live in? Asutralia
Modem brand & model number: NetGear N600 DGND3700
Router brand & model number: NetGear N600 DGND3700
If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter? Internal
Things you have tried: Resetting modem/router. Connection wired from wireless, adding ports to router config.
Is UPnP Enabled? Yes
Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT? No
Any Error Codes you encounter: Can connect to internet but not Xbox LIVE. LIVE connection error.
Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? TPG

After Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? NONE

Verified Answer
    • Level   3
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

Right, case escalated - ANYONE with issues concerning signing into xbox live but still having a solid OR intermittent internet connection MUST ring Virgin technical department (Dial 150 from a virgin phone line, option 1 then option 2). Explain that you have a fault connecting to xbox live and that you need your details passed onto either SIMON or AARON in the IMT department within virgin SWANSEA...All cases need to go through this department as they are currently working with xbox support to confirm any trends. There have been several issues reported so far within the Wales and Bristol are in particular.

• Virgin called me today, told me to test my xbox connection, IT WORKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's fixed permanently now, go check :)

All Replies
    • Level   S

Hey JaZaMiZoN! Can you tell us a little more about the connection issue you're experiencing? Do you have trouble connecting period or can you log on and then are disconnected? Does this happen with specific game titles or on the Xbox 360 Dashboard? Let us know so we can help you out!

• Level   1

I have a similar problem, i live in the uk and mine has been fine until today, tried everything the support page told me to do, called my isp (virgin media) and they said they have seen no problems with my connection. It knows there is a connection and finds the internet fine, it's just not liking xbox live at the moment.

Hope you can help.

• Level   1

plus it's just not connecting with games or on the dashboard. period :P

• Level   1

Basically its a waiting game. something to do with the dns from your isp. mines working now after about a 24 hour period. Id suggest waiting a day. see if you can log on if not make manual dns addresses through your modem and input them to your xbox through configurations

• Level   1

Same issue here in the US... Just kicked me out of a game of NHL randomly and haven't been able to connect since.. Ive gone through all the steps and my roommate is connected to xbox live just down the hall.  Subscription is up to date too fwiw

• Level   1

silly question, have you guys downloaded that ghost recon future soldier beta?

• Level   1

^nope

• Level   1

I live in the U.S and my xbox won't even connect to xbox live period. When I test the connection It gets past the internet but not past to xbox live, and I've tried everything, unpluging the power from the router to changing the IP address I really need help on this.

• Level   1

How longs it been happening for venom?

• Level   1

im getting this issue all day today !

• Level   1

I'm having the same problem in UK on Virgin ISP. Mine is also showing this in the error info

W:0000-000B

X:0000-0001

Y:20A8-4840

Z:0000-0000

ID:0006-0000

L:0015:1OF1

Q:0015:10F1

T:wired

D:192.168.0.1/0.0.0.0

• Level   1

Mine started working again this morning,

Now not working again :/ same problems as before.

• Level   1

mines the same Virgin to?must be something to do with them maybe?anyone fixed it yet?

• Level   1

same problem here, spoke to virgin, and they could not help, but signed me up on this 6 months £10 a month contract to repair it and didnt do anything. 80072ee2 is the message i get, it is running very slow, and will not allow me to update. internet speeds and equipment all fine, randomly switched off during a mw3 update never to return! each time i boot its 80072ee2 unable to get online and cannot update. any ideas. need to shoot some heads!

• Level   1

extact same problem now, just getting that code and i'm with virgin media too :/