This question has suggested answer(s)

keep getting disconnected from xbox live?

• Level   2

I seem to get about 20 odd minutes out of a connection to live while playing online black ops. Nothing wrong with my internet connection, it's still humming along..... anyone else experience this or have any hints. Just recently downloaded the map pack so wondering if that has somethign to do with it??? Cheers

All Replies
    • Level   1

I have this problem too.

I'm playing GTA IV in pc.

• Level   1

Have you since tried another game, to see if the same issue is occurring there, too?

• Level   1

I get this everytime watching a movie in netflix or playing a game

• Level   1

i have this too, every 10-20 mins im disconnected again, when i run a test it connects fine. used to have this with my old xbox and i figured it was just the wireless usb over heating, so i let it cool down and it worked. i have the new slim now so thats obviously not an option. my xbox has plenty ventilation, and my internet is running fine, pc and phone still connected, just xbox keeps doing that :(

• Level   1

I have the old elite version running with wired network through a e2000 router. My internet doesn't disconnect, just xbox live.

• Level   1

same here, just xbox live over and over.

• Level   1

Same here guys and three of my friends to but dont bother telling xbox they will just blame your router or internet instead of fixing there problem like maybe there was something wrong with the new update. If the new update would brick consoles then what else would it do. And they cant seem to answer a question of mine is if it is my internet and router then why does it only do it on certain games. Hmmmmmmmmm.  Also I find it amazing how I got a Ps3 and it does not do it at all on it. Hmmmmmmmm. And its amazing how It did not do it for 7 months on same set up until I downloaded that stupid update.Hmmmmmmmm .  Didnt they mention that there was security features in the new update. Maybe its doing it to people who has changed or upgraded there hard drives. ALSO BIGGEST QUESTION OF ALL WHY WOULD IT DO IT IF IT IS PEOPLES INTERNET AND ROUTER IF WE ARE JUST WATCHING A FRICKIN MOVIE. IT DONT EVEN USE INTERNET WHEN WATCHING A DVD . HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.  SORRY JUST VENTING.

• Level   1

me too. on multiple games i'll get disconnected from live. I have to reconnect from the dashboard. The test says everything is fine once i do it, but then disconnects again 10 minutes to an hour later.

• Level   1

At times it's the game server, so try another game first.

[Mod Removed - No Referral Links]

• Level   1

There are lot of posts about pretty general LIVE issues here (such as being disconnected); for best results, please make your own thread, in which you answer these questions about your connection. Thank you.

• Level   1

So Mister Fitzer, tell us this... If constantly getting disconnected from XBOX Live is an issue with OUR internet, Modem, Route or XBOX, how can everyone be experiencing the SAME issue with very different equipment. You guys sound just like our engineers at my company, only assigned to new production, and wont fix the current bugs.

• Level   1

Unfortunately, there's not enough information being included here to really make any deductions about the nature or cause of the issue. If those posting here can take a few minutes to answer the questions I provided above, it would help greatly in investigation. I often ask users to make their own post so that troubleshooting goes smoothly. I do review all new posts every day though, so I'm able to track consistent issues, even if they're not in the same thread. Hope that answers your question, Three7s.

• Level   1

well ive spent a day doing trial and error with my xbox to see what i can track down might be causing it, i didnt touch my router as i knew that should be fine as everything else is connected. anyway to the point, i thought my xbox had plenty of ventilation in the desk it was in, atleast 5 inches all sides of it to let heat out. but taking it out and leaving it totally out in the open next to the tv has fixed it. so it seems like over heating the inbuilt wireless thingy is whats causing mine to cut out every 10 mins. hopefully this result for me could work for some of you aswell?

• Level   1
    • Suggested Answer

Xbox live has a broken idle timing-out the recently added in a update is what it seems like,I'm having the same problems with games,they can try to push the blame on my internet but the same thing happens when I'm watching Netflix on my Xbox after 10 to 20min it disconnects,but the HD movie I'm watching doesn't hiccup for a second,it continues to play without an issues,I just have to reconnect after the movie in-order to watch anything else.

• Level   1

I have been kicked off xbox live a dozen times this evening!! its only started happening today. im on an elite with wifi connection.   Its NOT beceause of a developer server issue unless LAST FM SKY PLAYER and MARKET PLACE  has been having trouble....

MY connection seems to last around 5 mins when NOT idle (i.e looking on marketplace listening to last fm in a public lobby on forza 4!!)

it wont even let me reconnect from dashboard i have to switch off and re-boot even thought when i run connection test everything is fine!!

i know turn 10 have been running maintance today ( 5pm - 9pm pdt) but i dont see why that should affect other applications and games.....

I would expect to be keep getting disconected from PSN but seriously not xbox live!!!

annoyed GREATLY!!!!