This question has suggested answer(s)

ip address error

• Level   1

hi i have been a loyal member of xbox live for some time and today i turned my xbox on and it would'nt connect to xbox live i tested network connection and i got the following error ip address error the error report is as follows

w:0000 -000b

x:4000-1001

y:0000-0000

z:0000-0000

id:0001 -0003

l:8015-1901

Q:8007-0435

t:wired

a:169.254.198.124/255.255.0.0

g:0.0.0.0

d:0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0

i am using a sky router connected by ethernet this has been the setup of my live account for a year and i've never had this problem.

if anyone could help me i'd be very gratefull

All Replies
    • Level   4

Hello Warm,

please follow this guide

forums.xbox.com/.../155724.aspx

• Level   1

sorry hellspawnrei this did not help me at all

• Level   5

What is the make and model of your router?

What is the make and model of your modem?

Your router is not providing an IP address to the Xbox, so the Xbox is guessing what IP address would be safe to use, but the router is not listening.  A sequential power cycle is the first step in solving this:

1) turn off the Xbox then

2) unplug the power from the router (Some folks have a combination modem-router AKA 'gateway'. If so, skip step 3).

3) unplug the power from the modem.

4) Wait at least 30 secs then replug the modem (or gateway) power.

5) Wait 'til the light on the front of the modem (or gateway) which says ONLINE, READY, CABLE or DSL is on solid (not flashing), then plug in the router. If you have a gateway instead of a modem and router, then when that light says it's ready, skip step 6.

6) Wait until the WiFi light on the router is on; you may not use WiFi, but it's still a good indicator your router is finished booting up.

7) Turn on the Xbox.

Support: tinyurl.com/XBLnumbers or Request A Call support.xbox.com   How to get FreeLIVE j.mp/XVriY7

• Level   1

ystem Details

Manufacturer Sagemcom

Model Number F@ST2304

Firmware Version 5.14.6.1a4N

ADSL Firmware Version A2pD030n.d23b

i have tried everything you have said including xbox support

• Level   4

Please Warm  check this link too

support.xbox.com/.../error-cant-obtain-ip-address-router-modem-978976

Tell us if it helps.

• Level   1

none off these tips worked at all i was playing minecraft this morning when it just disconnected everything else iin my house works fine i just have no idea

• Level   4

Last try then,

check your NAT and opening some ports.

forums.xbox.com/.../7448.aspx

• Level   1

no help sorry does my error report tell you anything i know its not cable as i tried another 1 is it my xbox

• Level   5
    • Suggested Answer

Now, you've told us your router... what make and model of modem do you have?

Support: tinyurl.com/XBLnumbers or Request A Call support.xbox.com   How to get FreeLIVE j.mp/XVriY7

• Level   7

Opening your NAT is not going to help this problem.

Please reset your Xbox network settings to factory defaults restart your Xbox and try again

If that fails try these settings in your Xbox (although you should not need to do this:-

ip address: 192.168.0.100

Mask: 255.255.255.0

Gateway:. 192.168.0.1

DNS 192.168.0.1

If that also fails I'd be starting to think your Xbox is faulty. Try a different port on your router and a different Ethernet cable, finally if you can try you Xbox at a friends house on their set-up, if that also fails I would say you are looking at a repair or replacement.

• Level   1

i managed to bridge connection from laptop so i know its not xbox or cable thatsfaulty any other ideas

• Level   7

What ip address did you get on the Xbox when bridged? Because those same details should also work fine when connected direct to the router

• Level   1

tried that didn't work i have also made sure port for xbox 88 and 3074(i think) were open and turned upnp was on

• Level   7

When you say "didn't work" what actually happened?

Also don't use UPnP and port forwarding, just one or the other, using both at once can certainly cause problems. Just try UPnP on its own for now.

On this page of your router (very similar to yours) screenshots.portforward.com/.../Advanced_LAN_IP_Setup.htm what do you have for your "Ending ip address" ?

• Level   1
    • Suggested Answer

I would check your router to make sure DHCP is assigning IP addresses correctly.  If your router has wireless make sure your neighbors aren't trying to connect to your router without your permission. They could have set a local IP that is the same as one your XBOX was assigned  on your network. Also Routers often fail after a while and maybe you need a new one.