i have an Xbox Slim. I use an Xfinity router. Just bought the slim tonight and everytime i try to connect to the network using the built in wifi it tells me i have the wrong password and wont connect to the network. im sure that i do not have the wrong passcode. i have tried everything the support helper has suggested. and im sure it will work threw a wired connection because i had my old xbox gen 1 hooked up with an ethernet cable. unfortunatly a wired connection is no longer an option in my house which is why i bought the Slim.
Diddy0077 and APEXxPredator41, troubleshooting in these forums work best if you create your own new post describing your problems, since your solution could be very different than the fix for ARSCRUBS14.
In your posts, please send us the info we need from forums.xbox.com/.../155724.aspx so we may work on your issues further.
Support: tinyurl.com/XBLnumbers or Request A Call support.xbox.com How to get FreeLIVE j.mp/XVriY7
Take it easy and try to go back and make sure you are using the right password or reset it so you can change it, because it seems to be a problem with the router not the xbox.
- Make sure to rate and tell me how this answer helped you out.
No. I have made sure it the correct password and reset it already. Hence me stating that im sure that its not the reason.
try entering this on the search forums ... > support.xbox.com/.../cant-connect-to-xbox-live-wizard <
and follow the steps to reconnecting or connecting.
Tell me if this helps and be sure to rate.
You should try to reset your wireless settings on your Xbox console. To do so follow the instructions on solutions 2-5 in the link below. Some routers come set up with a password already. If your router came with a password built in, it could be on a label on the router. If you are sure you are typing in the password correctly, you can always change the wireless password on your router and then use the new password to try to connect. To change your password, you have to log into your router (usually going to your default gateway IP in a browser).
Like i already stated twice now, i am 100% sure it has nothing to do with the password actually being incorrect. i have already gone threw the entire page you provided as well as the listed support to the point where it has told me to come here to the forums.
Don't worry there is always an solution, an higher level will come help you out within 24 hours of your post.
Hi, are you using the Arris router? If so its a known issue www.unofficialguidetolive.co.uk/.../162-wireless-gaming-official-wireless-adapter-incompatibility-list
XBOX LIVE Connection Advice NAT/IP/DNS/MTU/ICS/Bridging Click 4 Help
I'd start by clearing the system cache (it's just updates plus other temporary files, nothing that's at all important to anyone) by:
1) Tap the silver Xbox Guide button on the controller, go right 2 clicks to Settings, pick System Settings.
2) Select Storage (or Memory).
3) Move over any hard drive or memory unit (not the Cloud) & press (Y) on your controller & pick Clear System Cache.
4) When asked to confirm storage device maintenance, choose Yes.
A NAT issue can block the profile download, too. Some NAT problems are subtle and don't appear in the Test Xbox Live Connection test. Most likely there's a port blocked... ports can be blocked in your router, modem, or at your ISP. Since the Xbox 360 uses different ports than PCs & Macs use, you can't see the effect of a port blockage except on the Xbox.
A sequential power cycle is the first step in clearing a port blockage:
1) turn off the Xbox then
2) unplug the power from the router (Some folks have a combination modem-router AKA 'gateway'. If so, skip step 3).
3) unplug the power from the modem.
4) Wait at least 30 secs then replug the modem (or gateway) power.
5) Wait 'til the light on the front of the modem (or gateway) which says ONLINE, READY, CABLE or DSL is on solid (not flashing), then plug in the router. If you have a gateway instead of a modem and router, then when that light says it's ready, skip step 6.
6) Wait until the WiFi light on the router is on; you may not use WiFi, but it's still a good indicator your router is finished booting up.
7) Turn on the Xbox. For more background on Ports, see whatismyipaddress.com/port
^ is it not a NAT issue so that stock response will not help in this situation I'm afraid
Having same issue with my Xfinity router as well
Hi Diddy please see my earlier reply/link
same happening to me right now