This question has suggested answer(s)

my xbox wont connect to my verizon wifi 890l

• Level   2

my xbox wont connect to my verizon wifi 890l i have been connect b4 playin call of duty a couple days ago but since i been tryin lately it wont connect automatically i try to connect but it still wont i go to try n test xbox live connection n it says there is a problem with your connection n i tried everything for the pass 2 hours but nothing i dont get it i was just playin on it a week ago and now it wont work

All Replies
    • Level   5

Hello here is a link you can check out to see if this helps with your connection issue. Try checking your NAT type

support.xbox.com/.../nat-type-strict

• Level   5
    • Suggested Answer

Hello,

Have you tried to reset the Verizon MiFi?
    Have you tried to reset your XBOX 360's network settings back to default? 

1. Turn off the Xbox 360 console.
    2. If you are using an Xbox 360 Wireless Networking Adapter, unplug it from your console.
    3. Turn on the console.
    4. Press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings.
    5. Select Network Settings.
    6. Select Wired Network or the name of your wireless network, if you are prompted to do so.
    7. Select Configure Network.
    8. On the Additional Settings tab, select Restore to Factory Defaults

Note This will only reset the network settings. This will not affect any other console settings.

9. Turn off your console.
    10. If you were using an Xbox 360 Wireless Networking Adapter, plug it back into the USB port.
    11. Turn on the console.

Wireless connection only: You will receive a message to configure wireless settings. Follow the on-screen instructions to connect to your wireless network.

12. Test your Xbox LIVE connection. To do this, press the Guide button on your controller, go to Settings, and select System Settings. Select Network Settings, select Wired Network or your wireless network name (if you are prompted to do so), and then select Test Xbox LIVE Connection.

See if that works out for you.

If not, are you able to use other wireless devices with the MiFi and just not the XBOX 360? 

• Level   9
    • Suggested Answer

I would suggest you contact Verizon Technical Support and ask them to open up Port 88 for UDP and port 3074 for UDP and TCP. The NAT problem is really ports blocked by the ISP or hotspot, and since Verizon administers that hotspot, they need to open up those ports.

Support: tinyurl.com/XBLnumbers or Request A Call support.xbox.com   How to get FreeLIVE j.mp/XVriY7

• Level   S
    • Suggested Answer

Greetings, RuthlessMOHAWK! Did you have a chance to try the suggestions in this thread? We definitely want to get this resolved for you. Just let us know if you still need assistance and we'll be happy to help. :)

How to use the forums
    Retired Support Agent - No PMs please!

• Level   1

I have the same problem I played earlier today now I come home and its not working I'm using the Verizon mifi 4g lte

• Level   X

Hi there StEwArT iZ kOoL - We'd love to help! However, in order to do so, we ask that you create a new thread with as many details as possible about your issue. Be sure to first read our "Start Here" sticky (forums.xbox.com/.../155724.aspx) and provide the info requested at the bottom! That way we can focus exclusively on you and your issue. Thanks!