This question is answered

Cannot Download Profiles Error Code: 80004005

• Level   1

A few days ago I turned on my xbox and my xbox live profile was just gone. I tried re-downloading it, and it starts to download for about a second and then it stops and gives me an error saying: "Sorry. Xbox LIVE profiles can't be downloaded right now. Try again later. Error Code: 80004005". I can log onto my profile from the computer and it still says im gold. Not sure what to do.

Verified Answer
    • Level   1
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

Oh I got it to work. I found the answer on a different post here. I checked my hard drive to see if my gamer profile was actually deleted. It wasnt, so I deleted it and redownloaded. It worked after that. Thanks.

All Replies
    • Level   5

Hey there BuckHarvester,

There are 2 solutions in association with that specific error code. However, solution 1 will not apply because that relates to marketplace content. So we will move to solution 2, which is trying to download your profile using a different ISP (such as a friends house). Is this possible for you to try?

I would also leave it for a few hours and try again as it may just be a temporary bug or glitch in the system.

Please report back soon.

Thank you.

• Level   1
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

Oh I got it to work. I found the answer on a different post here. I checked my hard drive to see if my gamer profile was actually deleted. It wasnt, so I deleted it and redownloaded. It worked after that. Thanks.

• Level   5

Excellent. Thank you for reporting back with that info.