This question has suggested answer(s)

IP Address Error

• Level   1

Hey guys,

So starting a few days ago I can't connect to Xbox Live unless I go and restart my wireless router (Netgear WPN824v2).

Now when I dig a little further it is saying I have an IP Address Error, then I got a IP Address conflict message on my PC.

I am at a total loss for what to do. I went in and update my router's firmware,but that about pushes the limits of my technical skills with networking.

Thanks!

All Replies
    • Level   5

Hello Titanbeast,

Are your connection settings on your console set to automatic or do you have a static ip address set up?  Have you tried resetting your network settings on your console?

Reset your Xbox network settings to the defaults

1. Turn off your Xbox 360 console.
    2. Wireless connection only: Unplug the Xbox 360 Wireless
      Networking Adapter from the USB port (if applicable).
    3. Turn on your console.
    4. Press the Guide button on your
      controller, go to Settings, and then select System Settings.
    5. Select Network Settings.
    6. Select Wired Network or the
      name of your wireless network, if you are prompted to do so.
    7. Select Configure Network.
    8. On the Additional Settings
      tab, select Restore to Factory Defaults.

Please let us know how you get on.  Thanks.

Got a question? Just ask. 
    • Level   1

I have it set as automatic. It's not just my xbox either, it keeps bumping my ipod and laptop off too.

I have tried resetting the network, the factory defaults; the usual stuff I guess.

• Level   5
    • Suggested Answer

Your router issues the IP addresses, so if there's a DHCP (the process running in the router which is supposed to make sure every device gets its own IP address) problem, the folks to call are at Netgear Support, 888-638-4327 option 4.

Support: tinyurl.com/XBLnumbers or Request A Call support.xbox.com   How to get FreeLIVE j.mp/XVriY7

• Level   1
    • Suggested Answer

Mkay, set your IP to maual, set the last 3 digits to something unused (I use 105 as a standard unused one) let it test connection, then try setting it back to automatic, ansee how that handles

• Level   7

Hi

You need to ensure all of your devices are setup to obtain an ip address automatically. If you use static/manual ip addresses on any of your devices you need to ensure they are outside you DHCP range. Just ensure everything is set to obtain an address from the router and that should get rid of your conflicts/errors

• Level   1

I need help with my ip adress

• Level   5

Greetings TertianOne12!

Can you please crate a new thread, detailing out your situation, include any error code you are getting and any troubleshooting steps you have tried so far. This will allow us to give you the very best support possible. Thank you!

• Level   1

i have tryed everything nothing works i tryed resetting my connection unplugging it restoring all the information it is really annoing will it change if i get a new wireless adapter

• Level   5

@Staple Nappy - Please, go ahead and start a new thread and detailing out your situation.

To save yourself some time, please read: forums.xbox.com/.../155724.aspx And post back in full detail (the bits in bold).

Be sure to include any troubleshooting steps you have tried so far.

Thank you!

• Level   1

I'm having issues with my 360 saying IP address error, I have tried a wired Ethernet connection as well as wifi with the adapter. I've tried resetting my modem and it still says error. I have a NeoTV which will stream Netflix using the wifi with no problem, in my living room at the same time I'm trying to connect so I know my connection is good as well as the IP address because my NeoTV is using it. I'm lost at what to do now.

• Level   5

@LilMizClutch - Please, go ahead and start a new thread and detailing out your situation, as per my previous post.

TIA!