This question has suggested answer(s)

Keep losing connection

• Level   1

I'm sure you will ask for more information, but this is what I have for now.

Last time I played everything worked great.

As of today, everytime I connect to Live I get disconnected.

My connection will last from 3 seconds to a few minutes.

I'm not losing my internet connection, that much I know. Everything else is running smooth.

It is a console or Live issue.....must be.

Like I said, nothing has changed since last use. I have a tested and scorching fast internet connection.

Done the basics....re-set modem / router etc.

Please help

Maxian

All Replies
    • Level   1

Do you get any error messages? For example when joining the wireless network?

Could you try connecting the Xbox directly to the router with a network cable to test if it will still disconnect you?

Xbox LIVE Community Ambassador™

Xbox 360 / Xbox One Day One Edition

• Level   1

This is a wired setup, although Xbox and router are wireless capable .

Strange because all hardware / settings / ISP are the same. Hell, even the batteries in controllers are same.

I've been on Live since it came out and never had a problem before .

I can be streaming a movie or do something else tying up bandwith ( speed test ) and when I get booted from Live it's the only system hiccup I see . That's why I think it's either on Live's side of the Xbox itself ????

• Level   X

It looks like we are going to need some more info. Can you please take a few minutes to answer the bold questions listed here

Mister Fitzer - Xbox Community Engagement

• Level   1

What Country/State/Province do you live in?  US / AZ

Modem brand & model number:   Motorola SB6120

Router brand & model number:    D-Link / ?

Network Connection Type: Wireless/Wired   Wired

If Wireless, what type of encryption are you using?

Things you have tried:

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown   Unk

Is NAT Type Open?   Unk

Any Error Codes you encounter:   None

What type of internet do you have? Cable/DSL/T1/3G?   Cable

Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)?   Cox

When you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" what is the exact message shown on screen?   Connected ?

Like I said, zero has changed from one use to the other .

Strange

• Level   X

So when you're disconnected and you subsequently run a LIVE connection test, no error messages come up? Is more info available at all? If so, can you please post here exactly what it says? Also, does this issue persist when you bypass your router and connect directly to the modem?

• Level   1

Hi, sorry for the delay.

Just used it again last night and was trying to download an update. Kept logging me off and telling me to check connection. Of course my connection test would come back fine.

On my last update attempt, when it told me I couldn't download update etc, it gave me this code.

351F-0000-3080-0503-8007-2AF9.

I could not find anything online about it.

Thanks guys  :)

• Level   X

Hey Max, this page actually has some more information about that error code, along with a few things to try.

• Level   1

HI I have the same error  code when trying to install the update:351f-0000-3080-0503-8007-2af9

Unfortunately nothing on the page that mister fitzer gave a ink to helped.  however i aso have another problem in that my profile which i transferred from my old xbox 360 pro consoe hard drive has been rejected as invaid and not able to connect to xbox live my console is the new 360s 250gb with no kinect

• Level   1

i can Not connect to XBL at all run my test and connection is good net is good gets to the XBL it fails i dont know whats going on played fine last night  i know my net is working i went to my router info made sure it was open it is cause i even went back and redid it  but nope not getting in XBL what gives?

What Country/State/Province do you live in?  US/NC
    Modem brand & model number:
    Router brand & model number:  2Wire / 2701HG-B
    Network Connection Type: Wireless/Wired Wireless
    If Wireless, what type of encryption are you using? Unk
    If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter? Internal
    Things you have tried:  Unplugging router, reset, reconfig the ports restart the game
    Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown Unk
    Is NAT Type Open?  Unk
    Any Error Codes you encounter:  i checked the status after the check and get this  W:0000-0021 X:0000-F001 Y: 00A8-E8E0 Z: 0000-0000 ID: FFFF-FFFF
    What type of internet do you have? Cable/DSL/T1/3G?  DSL
    Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)?  AT&T
    After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" and click on "More info", what is the exact message shown on screen?

• Level   S
    • Suggested Answer

For that error code, you'll need to try to manually update your console. You can find instructions and files here: support.xbox.com/.../system-update-help

• Level   1

Me and my friends get this problem all the time with the new black xbox360. It's the console. Microsoft can't seem to make reliable consoles. If it isn't the red ring of death , its internet connection. I certainly won't be buying the next xbox that comes out.

If it aint broke , Break it!
    • Level   S

Greetings, Gho5tLady. I would be happy to help you troubleshoot any issues you may be encountering. In order to get the process started please click this link to start a new thread: forums.xbox.com/.../addpost.aspx. Be sure to describe your exact situation including any error messages you are seeing and the troubleshooting steps you have tried so far. This will enable us to get to the root of the problem as expeditiously as possible. Standing by for your thread. :)

In the future, please be sure to double check the original post date of a thread before replying. This will prevent the inadvertent bumping of very old threads such as this one. Thank you in advance!

How to use the forums
    Retired Support Agent - No PMs please!