This question has suggested answer(s)

Status Code - 800705b4

• Level   4

I haven't been able to properly connect to xbox live since wendesday (10/24). I have tried all of the obvious steps: clearing my cache, deleting and redownloading my profile, reset my modem/router; none of that has worked. I can't directly connect to my modem because there aren't enough outlets for me to plug everything into, let alone another television for me to hook it up to.
The last solution I tried was to delete and then redownload my profile and got this: status code: 800705b4.

Try not to understand anything I'm saying and it'll all make sense

All Replies
    • Level   4

I would really like an answer, please. It's not like I have all the time in the world to sit in front of the computer, go back and forth between my room where my xbox is and my computer, just to find out I haven't gotten a reply.

And why is it that every time I post something I never get answers?

Try not to understand anything I'm saying and it'll all make sense

• Level   1

I have this problem as well. I played on Live yesterday, but when I came home from work today, I couldn't connect. Tried all the suggested steps, nothing. I connected briefly, but when I started up BF3 it said I needed to connect to Xbox Live. Tried to find some threads about the error code on Xbox.com, but only found this thread. And why is xbox.com the slowest site on the net?

• Level   S
    • Suggested Answer

Hey there, Wonder. If I'm understanding correctly, you removed your profile from your console and now you can't download it again. Is that right? What happens when you attempt to download your profile to an alternate storage device such as a USB drive configured for use with your console?

Regarding your issues connecting, can you please reply with your responses to the questions in bold at the bottom of this page: forums.xbox.com/.../155724.aspx ? This will help provide us some extra context behind your situation so we can determine the very best troubleshooting steps to offer going forward. Thanks!

Kayennefetter, can you please create a new thread for us? Be sure to include as much information about your situation as possible and we'll be happy to assist. Thanks very much! 

How to use the forums
    Retired Support Agent - No PMs please!

• Level   1

I have this problem as well. I played on Live yesterday, but when I came home from work today, I couldn't connect. Tried all the suggested steps, nothing. I connected briefly, but when I started up BF3 it said I needed to connect to Xbox Live. Tried to find some threads about the error code on Xbox.com, but only found this thread. And why is xbox.com the slowest site on the net?

• Level   1

Where can I find the answer to this? I am having the same problem.

• Level   1

Same problem here. Playing from Moscow Russia, yesterday connection to Xbox live suddenly dropped and till today - i'm unable to connect to Xbox live, receiving same error 800705b4. And periodically from 24 October or so, i have an awful connection to any servers in games, which using Xbox Live.

Thought it was my provider or another problem - tested everything - problem with Xbox services 200%.

• Level   S
    • Suggested Answer

Greetings Kayennefetter, Prieckdaddy, and go6p 6o6p. I understand that you need assistance, and we'd be more than happy to help! Can you please each create a new thread for us? Be sure to detail out your exact situation as well as any error messages you are seeing and the troubleshooting steps you've tried so far. We'll be happy to assist!

How to use the forums
    Retired Support Agent - No PMs please!

• Level   1

im having the exact same problem, has anyone found a solution yet?

• Level   1

Has anyone found the solution to this problem?

• Level   S

Hey there Burgearac and HYPERsnHYPER! Would you be able to create your own threads regarding this issue? We'd like to be able to troubleshoot with you each one on one. Make sure to include the error you're seeing and any steps you've already tried! Thank you in advance. :)

• Level   1

I'm getting the same thing now too!!! I've tried everything too this is very poor from xbox. No one seems to know what is going on! Has anyone got answer?

• Level   2

That's strange, it appears 800705b4 is an error for streaming from Windows Media Center.

support.xbox.com/.../error-code-lookup

What Mister Darcy and Miss Kleo said is a good idea though, you should all make separate topics for your issue, it would make things easier.

• Level   1

Hello

you need to restore the originals connections settings watch?v=RyL26xO7UjM

• Level   1

I want to know how to fix satus code 800705b4 cuz it keeps coming up when I use my hard dirve with basicly all my data