This question has suggested answer(s)

Can't download system update. Status code: 3CD6-0000-0080-0300-8007-0570

• Level   3

Just received my repaired Xbox 360 this afternoon, but can't download the system update. I can connect to Xbox Live just fine, but every time I try to download the update, I get this status code: 3CD6-0000-0080-0300-8007-0570.

Tried:

• Wireless connection
  • Wired connection
  • Clearing my system cache
  • Removing and installing the hard drive
  • Restarting my router and modem
I don't have a USB flash drive. 
All Replies
    • Level   2

mybe that help?

support.xbox.com/.../software-update-errors

• Level   1
    • Suggested Answer

it appers the repair team made a mistake when replaceing hardware you need to get them on the horn

• Level   3

Is that what that code means? I can't find it listed in the link Xx ROZILLA xX posted.

• Level   1
    • Suggested Answer

in the repair they most likely had to replace hardware like the disc drive no matter what it was they had to install it into the os for it to run correctly its possible while doing so the made a mistake thats all i can correctly say on it since theres so many possibilitys you may need to send it back but first you need to contact xbox support by phone 1-800-4MY-XBOX to get precise info on this matter and how to go about getting it fixed

• Level   3

Thanks. I did contact them on the web chat and on Twitter earlier, but they couldn't seem to identify the problem. The rep on the chat said they would forward it to a support rep higher up and that they would be in touch via e-mail or phone in the next 3-5 days. My brother is letting me borrow his flash drive with the update on and I'm going to try that tomorrow. If that doesn't work, then I'll see if I can give support a phone call.

• Level   3

Any support staff got any advice?

• Level   1

calling them is the best way you acually talk to someone

• Level   3

I know. I just thought I'd see if any of the reps here could offer any advice in the meantime. Won't be able to call them until tomorrow because it's late here in the UK.

• Level   X
    • Suggested Answer

Hi there Shadz01 - thanks for the post. Sorry to hear of the experience with your newly-repaired console! Are you able to burn a CD with the console update on it? That is another option similar to the USB option, and I believe it would solve your issue. If you'd like some instructions on how to create this CD-R with the update, check out this article: support.xbox.com/.../system-update-help

Let us know if this helps! :)

Emily - Program Manager @ Xbox, Xbox One Preview Program