This question has suggested answer(s)

8015d002

• Level   1
Why this code. I have changed my password yet it still does not work. Xbox is becoming a waste of money and time.please explain why it's not working or arrange a refund. Then me and ,my son can go to PS3.
All Replies
    • Level   1

I am having a huge problem with the same code. I am not threatening to leave, however, but could use some huge help! I have reset my password as well and it is still not working.

• Level   1

This is not good! AkinMocha37536 is not my gamertag! If it helps, gamertag: MngrouNdassault

• Level   2
    • Suggested Answer

Try going to account.live.com/.../reset and using that as a starting point, up to and includiing calling Microsoft billing for assistance.

• Level   S

Hey there MngrouNdassault! Can I have you create your very own thread concerning your issue cause it looks like you might be experiencing something different than the OP! We'll be happy to help you out in your own thread. :)

• Level   1

I am having the same problem AkinMocha37536 is having my gamer tag is Kryptok 117

• Level   5
    • Suggested Answer

MumAce35907835, using forums for support works the best if every person creates their own series of posts instead of piggybacking on someone else's posts, for their solution can be very different than yours even though it looks the same at the start.

Support: tinyurl.com/XBLnumbers or Request A Call support.xbox.com   How to get FreeLIVE j.mp/XVriY7

• Level   5
    • Suggested Answer

xInFeRnO Funny, this often pops up when hackers have published your password on the open web, and Microsoft has locked your account until you can confirm the details. Here's a way to do that:

0) Since these web pages are .ASPX pages, this is best done with Internet Explorer. If you don't have IE, Safari or Firefox are better than Chrome.

1) Go to http://account.live.com and sign in there with the Microsoft ID (formerly the Windows Live ID), the email address used to create your XBL account. If you see any message there about a blocked account, follow the instructions precisely.

2) Click on Edit Security Info to replace your Microsoft ID security data , adding 'proofs', security data needed to recover your account and verify your identity.  

3) Sign out, go back to http://account.live.com and sign in there with the new Microsoft ID.

4) Go to Xbox.com and sign in there, too. If you see any message there about a blocked account, follow the instructions precisely.

Support: tinyurl.com/XBLnumbers or Request A Call support.xbox.com   How to get FreeLIVE j.mp/XVriY7

• Level   1

clear the cache, restart the xbox, make sure the security proofs you updated are CONFIRMED through your email, etc.

• Level   1

i have tried all suggested answers and still have the same problem

• Level   S

Hey Maverick, please go ahead and create a new thread, providing some more details on your specific issue. Thank you!

• Level   1

tried to create new thread ACCESS DENIED!

• Level   1

my god microsoft just fix the problem! PS3 have never locked my out of my account and the fact that for the game i want to play, i need to be online to save it. THIS REALY  SUCKS

• Level   X

Hey there JC,

I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with this error code.

Here are a few steps I would try out:

1: Did you recently sign up for two-step verification? 

If you recently turned on two-step verification, you may not know how to sign in to apps or devices that don't accept security codes. Some apps (like the mail apps on some smartphones) and devices (like the Xbox 360) can't prompt you to enter a security proof when you try to sign in. If you get an incorrect-password error with an app or device, you'll need to create a unique app password to sign in. After you sign in with your app password, you're all set to use that app or device. You’ll use this new app password to sign in to your device instead of using your Microsoft account password.

You'll need to create and sign in with an app password once for each app or device that can't prompt you for a security proof.

1. Sign in to your Microsoft account.
    2. Under Password and security info, tap or click Edit security info
      If you're prompted for a security proof, enter it and tap or click Submit.
    3. Under App passwords, tap or click Create a new app password
      A new app password is generated and appears on your screen. 
    4. When you’re prompted for your Microsoft account password on your Xbox console, enter the app password that you created online.

After you sign in with your app password, you're all set to use that app or device. You will use this new app password to sign in to your device instead of your Microsoft account password. 

2: Verify your Microsoft account security information

Follow these steps:

1. Visit Microsoft account
      Note If you forgot your password or can’t sign in using your password, reset your password.
    2. Click Edit security info.
    3. Verify your security information. For example, verify the Phone numberAlternate email address, and Security question information.
    4. Sign out of your Microsoft account and then sign in again.
    5. Try to sign in to Xbox LIVE again.

3: Delete and re-download your Xbox LIVE profile

For help, see Download, move, or delete your Xbox LIVE profile.

4: Clear the system cache

To clear the system cache, follow these steps:

1. Press the Guide button on your controller, select Settings, and then select System Settings.
    2. Select Storage or Memory.
    1. Highlight any storage device, and then press Y on your controller. (It doesn't matter which storage device you select; the cache will be cleared for all storage devices.)
    2. Select Clear System Cache.
    1. When prompted to confirm storage device maintenance, select Yes.

If these don't help resolve your account issues, please post back in a new thread so that we can provide you with individual support. 

• Level   1

DO NOT TURN ON 2 STEP VERIFICATION! I have this for all my accounts, but it's INSANELY complex and time consuming the way MS has set it up. You need a computer, a phone, and your Xbox. You'll need to download an app to get a code to send to Microsoft, then they'll send you a really long password you need to enter on the Xbox, that's different from your normal password. I just turned it off and I'm locked out.