This question has suggested answer(s)

XBox Live Family -- Please HELP!!

• Level   1

How does xbox live family work? Do you just get 4 separate keys for 1 year for $100, or is there is a catch? Thanks.

All Replies
    • Level   3
    • Suggested Answer

Hey there AlteredPlanet, below I've posted the info from the FAQ for the family pack. The only "catch" I would consider being that the secondary members on the family pack can't purchase anything via credit card.

-

How much does a Gold Family Pack membership cost?

Xbox LIVE subscription costs vary by region. For current, specific information, see the Xbox LIVE Membership page.

If you already have individual Gold memberships, the price is discounted based on how much time is remaining on your existing Gold memberships. For more information, please see Join an Xbox LIVE Gold Family Pack .

Your Xbox LIVE account is billed for the first 12 months (less any discounts you might be eligible for) when you sign up for a Gold Family Pack membership.

How do I sign up or convert an existing Xbox LIVE membership?

How do I purchase Microsoft Points?

Microsoft Points are the currency of the Xbox LIVE stores. Only the primary Family Pack member can purchase points, making it easier for a parent to manage his or her family’s entertainment budget.

Primary member: This is the Xbox LIVE account that you used to sign up for the Gold Family Pack membership. This account can purchase and give Microsoft Points to other family members (secondary accounts). See the section below, How do I share points with family members (secondary accounts)?

Secondary members: Secondary family members cannot use credit or debit cards to purchase Microsoft Points. Instead, secondary account members can redeem a Microsoft Points card (available at retail locations), or the primary member can give points to secondary members (see section below).

How do I share points with family members (secondary accounts)?

The primary member on the Gold Family Pack membership can give Microsoft Points to other family members (secondary members), so that they can make purchases on Xbox LIVE.

Give points to family members

1. On your console, sign in to Xbox LIVE using the Family Pack primary account (the account used to sign up for the Family Pack membership).

2. Go to Settings, and then select Family.

picture
    1. Select the member that you want to give points to.

2. Select Grant Allowance.

3. Follow the on-screen instructions to give Microsoft Points to the secondary member. Points that you give to a secondary member cannot be reversed later.

Note If you don’t have enough points in your account, you’ll be prompted to add more points before giving points to the secondary member.

Can secondary members use credit cards to purchase Xbox LIVE content?

No. Secondary members cannot add a credit or debit card to their Xbox LIVE account. Only the primary Family Pack member can purchase points, making it easier for a parent to manage their family’s entertainment budget.

Secondary members can redeem Microsoft Points cards (available at retail locations), or the primary member can give points to secondary members.

If a member has other Microsoft services, they can add a credit or debit card to use with that service. To view credit cards on a secondary account, sign into Microsoft Billing and Account Management using the Microsoft account of the secondary account.

What is a primary and secondary Family Pack account?

The Xbox LIVE account used to purchase a Gold Family Pack membership is the primary Family Pack account. All other Xbox LIVE accounts associated with the Family Pack membership are secondary accounts.

To see and add family pack members:

1. On your console, sign in using the Xbox LIVE account that you used to sign up for a Family Pack membership (the primary account).

2. Go to Settings, and then select Family.

The primary and secondary accounts are shown. To add or remove family members, please see Managing Gold Family Pack members.

How to I add or remove family members?

I’m getting a Gold Family Pack error. What should I do?

How can I set parental controls?

How does a Gold Family Pack membership affect other subscriptions?

Secondary accounts on the Gold Family Pack don’t have a separate Xbox LIVE membership, but they can add other Microsoft services, to their Microsoft account and gamertag. Other service subscriptions are not shared among the Gold Family Pack members.

How do I cancel a Gold Family Pack membership?

For information about how to cancel your membership, see Cancel your Xbox LIVE Gold Membership.