This question is not answered

online friends not showing up

• Level   1

having the same problem when i sign in says i have 12 friends online but my friends list says 3 so i go to xbox.com and cant even get my friends list up i have deleted my profile have even formated my xbox but same thing again

All Replies
    • Level   1

maybe your friends are deleteing you.

• Level   1

its say all my friends are "offline"     i am getting really annoyed with microsoft,  all they do is have problems!

• Level   5

is it possible your friends settings are set to offline or away, this would cause for you to see them as offline??

Even if you are partied up or in a private chat they will appear offline if they want they profile to do so

• Level   1

Same issue. Notification when i log in says I have friends online...which they are, but the appear offline in mt friends list and in games. I can only join a game when they invite me because according to my xbox they are offline! I have checked all my settings, everything is right....as there are a few of us that this has happened to around about the same time, i'm guessing it's a MS issue??

• Level   1

Been on phone with support on and off for past couple of days trying to figure this out. I've had the same problem for past three days roughly.  They are starting to look into it since they are hearing more and more about the online status not showing correctly. Problem has to be on their side.

• Level   1

Here is what i have found out:

Over the last couple weeks, several of my friends have been forced to go through the account proofs/verification process by Microsoft in order to connect to Live. I have not as of yet. All of my friends who have done it no longer show up online to me or each other. All of my friends who havent done the proofs crap still show up online like normal.

Based on this, i suspect it has something to do with the proofs process they are forcing on everyone.

• Level   1

Does anyone have a ticket or anything I can give to support so they don't walk me through the same silly steps?  Same thing happening to me and I'm annoyed, just want to play Borderlands 2 with my brother...

• Level   1

Anyone else having this issue notice that your xbox's clock is off?  Mine is like 3-4 minutes faster than my cable box and my phone.  I know many authentication systems require time to be accurate, wonder if that is the problem here?

• Level   1

Im having the same issue. My friends online were changed to offline and even the ones who were already offline wont say when they were last on it only says offline. My online status says im offline to everyone but my privacy settings are open and my settings are set to online. This happened early this morning when i accepted a friend request and ever since i have been unable to see my friends or appear online.

• Level   1

Much like DFENS14, I am experiencing the same issue. After Microsoft / Xbox forced me to go through their new verification & proof system, my friends are no longer able to see me when I am online. I am able to send them messages & party invites, but they see my status as Offline. I am unable to see other friends who also completed the same verification process.

I noticed this problem last night after I set up a 2nd Xbox in my house. I did not have anything cached on the system and had just downloaded a new copy of my profile to that console. In this case, I don't think clearing caches & recreating the profile will help solve anything. I think the attention needs to be directed at this Verification Process as being the cause...

• Level   1

No official answers to this yet then? It seems odd to me that for alot of people it sempt to happen more or less at the same time....I haven't done the verification process thing but it is still happening for me....

• Level   1

Yeah, it just started with me today.  Friends go off and on every few seconds but with no notification popping up saying that "SOSO" is online.  I really hope they can fix this bug.

• Level   1

mine is i have 98 friends but when i go to my friends list none are there and i went on the site and they are all there

• Level   1

The same thing is happening to me as well. 2 of my personal friends cannot see me online, nor can they see eachother, but my other xbox friends are online too.

• Level   1

Omg. Please fix this crap. Im sick of it, I know for a fact the person Im trying to play with is online because on were on the phone trying to figure out what the problem was.