This question has suggested answer(s)

8015d002 error

• Level   2

So my question is what do you do when you have this error and have tried all the corrections to fix it?  I have a family account with 3 gamertags.  Only having a problem with one tag and its not the main one.  Constantly asks for the email and password and then give the 8015d002 error.  I have added account security info, I have deleted and redownloaded the profile, I have cleared the cache and I have tried completely changing my account log in password.  Nothing helps.  It will allow me to log in for about a min or so then kicks me out and asks for the email and password.  What do I try now?  And why is it only on this one profile?

All Replies
    • Level   3

Hello commander fox2,

If you have tried everything for error code 8015D002, and its still not working. http://support.xbox.com/en-US/error-code-lookup

I think it might be a setting you have for that account. You said it under a family account, so try and look at your settings for that account. Parent controls.

If that doesn't work then I would recommend calling Xbox Live. 1800-4MY-XBOX.

I hope this helps!

Overview

The Xbox 360 console lets you customize and manage your family's access to games, movies and television content. The Xbox 360 parental controls can be used to control the console itself and access to Xbox LIVE. Parental controls allow you control things such as:

• Which games can be played.
    • Which movies and TV shows can be watched.
    • How long each family member can use the console on a daily or weekly basis.
    • Whether or not someone can access Xbox LIVE.
    Watch the following video to learn about parental controls.
    Video

Watch the video “Xbox parental controls video

How do I turn on parental controls?

Parental controls are divided into two groups: console controls and online safety and privacy. Console controls are located in the Family Settings or Family Center area on your console (depending on your Xbox LIVE membership type).

Turn on console controls
    1. On your console, go to Settings, then select Family.
    picture
    Tip Not seeing Settings? You might be using an older version of the console software. See Update your Xbox 360 console software for information on how to update your console software.
    1. Select On to turn on Console Safety.
    2. Enter a 4-button pass code using your controller.
    3. Select Save and Exit.

What can I control?

• Ratings and Content: These settings let you restrict games and video content based on the content's rating. You can also set whether or not unrated or explicit content can be played on this console. 
      Tip
       You can set up exceptions for individual games that are outside of the rating restrictions you have set.
    • Family Timer: This setting allows you to limit the time that your console can be used on a daily or weekly basis.
    • Xbox LIVE Access: This setting allows you to decide if your family can connect to Xbox LIVE from this console.
    • Xbox LIVE Membership Creation: This setting allows you to control whether or not new Xbox LIVE memberships can be created from your console.

How do I change my pass code?

To change your pass code
      1. On your console, go to Settings, then select Family

Tip Not seeing Settings? You might be using an older version of the console software. See Update your Xbox 360 console software for information on how to update your console software.

1. Enter your 4-button pass code.
    2. Select Change Pass Code.
    3. Select Change Pass Code again.
    4. Enter a new 4-button pass code twice.
    5. Select Done.
    6. Select Save and Exit.

How do I set the Family Timer?

How do I set the Family Timer on the console?

Watch the following video to learn about the Family Timer
    Video

Watch the video “Xbox Family Timer video

Use the Family Timer to limit the amount of time that your family can use your console on a daily or weekly basis. Family members can see how much time remains by pressing the Guide button on the Xbox controller. When the time expires, the console shuts down and can't be used again until the Family Timer automatically resets the next day or week.

To set the Family Timer

1. On your console, go to Settings, and then select Family

2. Select On to turn on Console Safety.
    3. Enter a 4-button pass code using your controller.
    4. Select Family Timer.
    5. Select whether you want to set a Daily or Weekly timer.
    6. Move down to the time period and use the left stick to increase or decrease the time period, then select Continue.
    7. Select Save and Exit.

When the Family Timer is on, notifications will appear 1 hour, 30 minutes, 15 minutes, and 5 minutes before the time runs out. These give players sufficient warning so that they can save their games. However, when one of these notifications appear, you can add time or disable the timer altogether by entering the pass code.

To add time or suspend the Family Timer
    1. When a Family Timer notification appears, press the Guide button to see the Family Timer options.
    2. Enter your pass code using your controller.
    3. Choose to add more time, suspend the timer, or turn the console off.

Note For information about controlling the Xbox LIVE experience, please see Online Safety and Privacy. To learn about ESRB Ratings and safe gaming tips, please see GetGameSmart.com.

• Level   9
    • Suggested Answer

Sign in at http://account.live.com, change the password, and make sure an alternate email address, cell phone number, and secret question are all added and up to date.

Support: tinyurl.com/XBLnumbers or Request A Call support.xbox.com   How to get FreeLIVE j.mp/XVriY7

• Level   2

Well after trying all this and then spending 2 hours on the phone with Xbox live I learned several things.  1.  The people at xbox live know nothing more than what you can find on this website.  All they can do is repeat what I can plainly read here.  2.  Apparently, Mircosoft has some severe big brother issues and needs to better educate their employees what is happening.  So, I decided to post this to help others and hopefully save them the agony I experianced.  The error says their is something wrong with your account and that they need more security information.  That part is true, well somewhat.  What it means is xbox live or Microsoft wants more information about you.  Here is the big catch that even they didn't know.  Microsoft wants "security info" for EVERY gamer tag.  Meaning if you have a family account and multiple gamer tags you will need to put security proofs for EVERY gamer tag.  Here in was the problem.  I followed their intructions and added "proofs" but it only applied to my gamer tag not the tags for my two sons.  If xbox live knew this valuable piece of information it could have saved everyone time and fustration.  Once I added specific information for the specific gamer tag that wouldn't log in everything worked fine.  To do that you need to research the email address associated with that specific gamer tag.  I thought they all were connected to the main account email address and they were not.  By using the specific email attached to that specific gamer tag I was able to log in and add "proofs".  Again, this was all information I had to learn on my own.  Xbox live support had no idea how to fix this.

Now this is the second part that bugs me.  These "proofs" are labeled as a security feature.  A way to prove this is my account if there is ever a problem.  Several thoughts here.  1.  Why can't I just have a family account be linked to one email address?  These are my kids.  They don't need or have an email address.  Nor does Microsoft need their names or other information.  2.  I can understand having a secondary email or an additional phone number to text or verify.  Maybe even a specific address but all of this should already be on the account when you charged my creditcard each year for renewal.  Why would you need this much info for EACH gamer tag?  Its a fishing tool for additional marketing or research plain and simiple.  When you are directed to the account info website you will notice it nor longer says anything about xbox live rather it is a Microsoft profile.  It even boldly labels it as such. 3. Having multiple gamer tags obviously I have multiple xboxs at multiple locations.  When I tried to log in with my profile or gamer tag at the xbox giving the error it would no longer allow me.  How would Microsoft now exactly which xbox to lock out?  All profiles or gamer tags on my account would load on my other xboxes but not that specific one.  Hmmm....  seems to me they must be capturing IP addresses as well.  So what are they doing with all this information?  Hopefully, this can help others if and when the 8015d002 error shows up on one of their systems.

• Level   S

Hello Commander!  First off I wanted to say thanks for posting this here.  One of these good things about these Forums is that seeing what solved it for other users can definitely help future users out- especially in situations like yours where it's a little bit off the regular troubleshooting flow. So having you post back what did eventually fix is it very, very appreciate.

That said, I am definitely sorry to hear that there's been a bad experience with support.  I'm glad it's resolved now, at least.  I also hope I can shed at least a little light on what's up.

Now, everyone who uses LIVE has to have their own unique account- that's a part of our ToU.  On a family pack like yours, they are all sharing a subscription and therefor billing info.  That's kind of how we set it up for you to be able to use family controls, not have to worry about individual LIVE subscriptions, all that good stuff. However, since having a hacker get control of any one of those accounts would definitely be a pain- even best case scenario, your kids could be locked out of their accounts for a while as it got sorted back out. Two-tiered security (like the proofs we now require on account) are among the best new methods of making sure accounts can't be accessed without permission and if something does go wrong they help us get accounts back to the proper owners ASAP. As it says when you add the proofs- they're never used for marketing or anything other than security. As for everything saying Microsoft rather than Xbox, an Xbox LIVE account with its GT is always tied to a Microsoft Account.  If you only use the Xbox LIVE functionality of that account, that's totally fine, but it will be tied to the larger account.

As for why you get an error specifically on one console  and not another I'll be honest: I couldn't say exactly why that happened.  That it was proofs on a related account messing with yours is kind of a uncommon error. I doubt it was anything at all to do with IP/Home Network and more to do with how the account was stored on the console- something on the console disagreeing with something in the service.

Got a little long-winded there, but I could tell that you had a lot of questions and I hope this helps.  In addition, we do always want to hear about our customers' experiences, especially when something could have gone better for them.  You can hit up our feedback forums here if you like: http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/general_discussion/f/133.aspx

Again, thanks so much for your post and I hope you all have some good Xbox time now! 

• Level   1

I got that same error code, but I went into my account and turned the double verification off and the issues was solved.

Double verification can be found in the Security Info.