This question has suggested answer(s)

NAT error cant connect to xbox live

• Level   1

Every time i test my connection it says it can connect to xbox live but there is a problem with my NAT.Also as soon as I try to sign in it disconnects from xbox live and I cant get it to connect when im signed in although it does connect when i test the connection which is really frustrating. If anyone could help me how to fix the connection, the NAT doesn't really matter because it's been like that for ages and has still worked. thanks

All Replies
    • Level   4

Hey there bud!

Have a look at this NAT Error page, and see if that helps! :)

keep us posted if any further assistance is required.

Post provided "as-is" and confers no rights. @DL9Ryan

• Level   1

I'm pretty sure its not the NAT. I can get connection from my neighbour's router and it works for the other profiles but not mine same with my own router. I've also already tried everything to fix the NAT. I'm think it's just my profile because as soon as I try to sign in it disconnects.

• Level   7

Hi,

Please read:- forums.xbox.com/.../811997.aspx

And post back your details in full (the bits that are in bold on that post) so that people may help

If you are wireless can you also state whether you are using the white or black external adapter or the Xbox 360S Internal adapter

Thanks

• Level   5
    • Suggested Answer

A sequential power cycle is the first step in clearing connection problems, and the order and timing of the steps is important to success:

1) turn off the Xbox and unplug the power supply cord from the back of the Xbox then
    2) unplug power from the router (Some folks have a combination modem-router AKA 'gateway' or only use a modem with no router. If either, skip steps 3 & 6).
    3) unplug power from the modem.
    4) Wait at least 5 minutes then replug the modem/gateway power.
    5) Wait 'til the light on the front of the modem/gateway which says BROADBAND, ONLINE, READY, CABLE or DSL is on solid (not flashing), then plug in the router. If you have a gateway instead of a modem and router or a modem with no router, then when that light says it's ready, skip to step 7.
    6) Wait until the WiFi light on the router is on; you may not use WiFi, but it's still a good indicator your router is finished booting up.
    7) Plug in and turn on the Xbox.  For more background on Ports, see http://whatismyipaddress.com/port

If the problem persists, please send us the info we need from http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/9/t/155724.aspx so we may work on this further.

Support: tinyurl.com/XBLnumbers or Request A Call support.xbox.com   How to get FreeLIVE j.mp/XVriY7

• Level   5

Greetings MinotaurGuy83!

It could be that your gamer profile might have become corrupted. Try resolve this by following these steps.

Delete your profile.

1. Go to Settings, and then select System.
    2. Select Storage.
    3. Select All Devices.
    4. Select Gamer Profiles.
    5. Select the gamertag that you want to delete.
    6. Select Delete.
    7. Select Delete Profile Only. This deletes the profile but leaves saved games and achievements.

Download your gamer profile from LIVE.

1. Press the Xbox Guide button on your controller (large X button in the center of your controller).
    2. Select Download Profile.
    3. Enter the Microsoft account associated with your Xbox LIVE gamertag.
    4. Enter your Microsoft account password.

Post back and let us know if you were helped by this.

Unit A ₪ 

• Level   1

I use the internal one and taidara i'll try that

• Level   5

keep us posted.

Unit A ₪ 

• Level   1

no that didnt work. i did what you said taidara but it didnt work it still doesnt connect

• Level   7

Please post up your details in full as requested

• Level   1

What Country/State/Province do you live in?   United Kingdom, Northern Ireland

Modem brand & model number:   virgin media, E08C013.00

Router brand & model number:  BELKIN,  F5D8231-4

If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter? internal

Things you have tried: deleting and downloading profile, downloading profile with usb, fixing the wireless connection

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown    yes

Do you have a NAT error? If so, what is your NAT? dont know what this means

Any Error Codes you encounter:

Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? virgin media

After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)

W:0000-0021

X:0000-F001

Y:20A8-4840

Z:0000-0000

ID:FFFF-FFFF

L:8015-1911

Q:8007-0435

T:WIRELESS

D:192.168.2.1, 194.168.4.100

S:WPA

C:6

• Level   1

now that i have redownloaded my profile something about account security comes up and i get the erroe code 80004004

• Level   1

now icant sign in with this add security thing coming up because of the error

• Level   5

Are you using cloud storage? Error code: 80004004 

MinotaurGuy83
    now icant sign in with this add security thing coming up because of the error
    If you haven’t already, start by adding security proofs like phone numbers, alternate email addresses, and security questions and answers to your Microsoft account. This information is crucial to ensure that your account is well protected and meets the security standars that Microsoft now provides.

Clear your Xbox system cache a couple of times. This will remove temporary files from the system cache. How to clear the system cache.

Now restart your console. Sign out of your profile and try download your Xbox LIVE profile. How to download Xbox LIVE profile.

Post back and let us know how it goes.

Unit A ₪