This question is answered

Connecting to Xbox Live isn't working?

• Level   1

When I turned on my Xbox, it wasn't connected to the internet (due to the recent update of the security) then when I go to sign into my account, it takes my to a screen with my email, I then click 'done', and it takes my onto the page with my password, I click 'done' again and then the next thing I see is an 'Account Info' notice which says 'Sorry, either that's the wrong password, or the email you entered doesn't have an Xbox LIVE membership. Please try again, or go to Xbox.com/forgot if you need help. Code: 8015D002"

Now, when I go onto that website that the message suggested, it gives me a list of different options and steps to follow, all of which are in no relation to what my problem is. One of the points it has on that page says "If you can’t sign in to an Xbox LIVE profile on your console, here are some other ways to find your Microsoft account:" 

• Go to accounts.live.com and try signing in with what you think is your Microsoft account (email address and password). If you can sign in to Windows Live, the email address and password you entered are valid. Next, go toXbox.com and try signing in with this same information. If you’re prompted to create a new gamertag, the Microsoft account you entered is not currently associated with an Xbox LIVE account.
  • Check your email accounts for messages about your Xbox LIVE Membership (search for messages about “Xbox LIVE” or “Microsoft billing”). This may help you determine which email address is associated with your Xbox LIVE membership (an email address is part of your Microsoft account information).
  • If you know your Microsoft account but can’t remember your password, see Recover your Microsoft account password .
On here, I did all of these steps, signed into all of my email accounts and looked for messages about Xbox, and there were none (in relation to this). I went onto the Xbox.com website (obviously) and it has my account and everything on there, it's just a problem with attempting to sign in on my Xbox.
Any solutions will be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.
Verified Answer
    • Level   1
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

UPDATE: I've just managed to figure out how to fix it and I'm now able to sign in on my account again, thanks to everyone for your suggestions!

• Level   1
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

Go onto account.live.com/p and at the top on the section called 'Security Info' there will be an option to turn on/off the Two-step verification

All Replies
    • Level   1

same here. i went as far to try to download my profile again and it said " xboxlive cannot download profiles at this time". now my profile on my xbox is gone and i cant access it on my xbox. ha!

• Level   2

Login to accounts.live.com and under your Account Settings on the Overview page you will see a link towards the bottom called Edit Security Info. Please go there and make sure you do not have an option to confirm any email address or phone number. If you see an option to confirm, please confirm them. Let me know if this helps.

• Level   1

I did that, there is no option to confirm anything, not any email address or a phone number, nothing.

• Level   2

Can you login to accounts.live.com and change your password to see if that resolves the issue?

• Level   1

I just tried that, changed my password, went to log in and it said my password or email or wrong, so I deleted my profile, went to download it again and it says the same thing, so I don't think Xbox LIVE recognises that I've changed my password which is stopping me from getting back onto my account, how annoying!

• Level   2

I read an older thread that stated Xbox Live has a minimum password requirement of 8 characters and a maximum of 12, while xbox.com and live.com will allow more. Can you verify (just with a yes or no, I do not need to know the exact character length) that your password is between 8 and 12 characters long?

This may have been changed, I am not sure. But it is worth a try.

• Level   1

Oh right, well it is between 8 and 12 characters long, so that should still be ok to be working on Xbox Live, right? I have no idea why it's not letting sign in but I've asked Xbox Support on Twitter, talked to someone from Xbox about it and posted this and I'm still no closer to getting on

• Level   2

Try clearing your system cache 2-3 times consecutively. Then restart your Xbox, let's see if that helps. Follow the steps in the link below to clear your system cache.

support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache

• Level   1

Did that, nothing happened. It still wont let me download my profile, it just keeps saying, after I've typed in my email and password, "This email address or password isn't valid. Try again."

• Level   1

Same happened in here! I couldn't login with my account [which is on my HD], everytime i try to download my LIVE account to my HD a error message appears saying that xbox live can't download profiles at this time blablablabla.

So i tried to download my account to the console's memory and it works. But for some reason it's not working for my HD.

I don't wanna my account on the console's memory, i want on my HD. How can i change this? lol

• Level   1

Hi. guys go to youtube ther is a video how to fix your error 80151011 and  security proofs

look for... XBox Live Down How to Fix

• Level   1

I've already done that and it didn't work, clearing my system cache does nothing, and when I try to redownload my profile  it just says "This email address or password is invalid. Try again"

• Level   S

Hey guys! Try This Link. The steps here (especially #2) are in reference to pretty new changes so see if they help you out. ^_^

Do you have an idea to improve Xbox for everyone? Share it with us at Xbox Feedback!

How to use the Forums!

• Level   1

I've tried all of those and I still don't have a solution from anyone that I've spoken to!

• Level   1
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

UPDATE: I've just managed to figure out how to fix it and I'm now able to sign in on my account again, thanks to everyone for your suggestions!