This question is answered

cant sign into xbox live

• Level   1

this is the first time ive had to post on here, but yeah i keep trying to sign into xbox live i unplugged my router shut down my xbox  and still cant sign in. I did the connection test and it says: your console can connect to xbox live, but your router or gateway isin't properly responding to ICMP responses. someone please help, thanks.

Verified Answer
  • Hey Lucky, it looks like you stumbled onto a pretty old post here. Since there's no reason to believe this issue and the issue from September are connected, I'm going to ask that you please create your own thread for official support. Please include a full description of the issue, along with what you've tried. :-)

Mister Fitzer - Xbox Community Engagement

All Replies
    • Level   1

SAME! I think the server is down. Wait a little while and try again.

• Level   1

Must be down I can't connect and my internet is fine.

• Level   S
    • Suggested Answer

It looks like the status of LIVE is back to green (support.xbox.com/xbox-live-status). If you are still having an issue, check out our Connection Guide (forums.xbox.com/.../9.aspx) for suggestions, and if that doesn't help, make a post with the answers to the bold questions. Thanks!

• Level   1

I contacted My ISP and they are not having issues and I can connect and get everywhere.. else.. but like the above i also cant get in.. and the xbox live status is 'green'..  I'm wondering if there is an underlying problem with one of the recent updates from MS ...

• Level   1

yeah man i still cant get on xbox live and my internet is working fine wtf....

• Level   1

Same here. its very annoying!

• Level   1

if u are getting an mtu or icmp error. ms is having probs with their last update with their servers. be a cpl hrs b4 its back up

• Level   2

Which ISP do you use?

• Level   1

hargray

• Level   1

Having a problem here as well (Manitoba, Canada).  We have 2 Xbox machines and as of sometime in the last 18 hours (after 10 p.m. CDT, August 31) both stopped being able to connect to Xbox Live.  We have full internet - both according to our PC connections and according to the Xbox tests.

This is *NOT* an ISP issue - this is strictly limited to Xbox Live.

• Level   2

Same here in PA. Now I know what it feels like to be a psn user back in april :/

[H]

• Level   1

Yup, still down in southwest VA.  Getting MTU error.  Messed with router for an hour before seeing these forum posts.

• Level   2

Out in asheville, NC

• Level   1

Out in NB, Canada. Getting MTU error. I also messed with my router for at least an hour

• Level   1

About time... Xbox Live status is finally showing a Service Alert:

Xbox LIVE:

Users may experience difficulties with the following services:

Users are experiencing connectivity issues between ISP's located on the Eastern US Coast and the Xbox LIVE service.

We are aware of the problem and are working to resolve the issue. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and thank you for your patience

-------------

I'd just throw out that here in Manitoba Canada I'm located almost dead center between the east and west coasts and I'm having issues, so this problem isn't limited to people on the "Eastern US Coast."