Known Issues

• Level   X

Login Information

• Gateway - 10.0.0.1
    • Username - admin
    • Password - password

Known Issues

On February 15, 2014, Microsoft released a mandatory system update for the Xbox One that also addresses an issue impacting multiplayer gaming over Wi-Fi.  Specifically the Xbox One issue affected  Arris XB2 (TG852/TG862) integrated wireless gateways being used in areas that support IPv6 enabled broadband.   Xbox One consoles not using WiFi, or other Comcast Gateways or service areas were not affected.  For more information about the patch please visit Xbox One operating system versions.  Comcast and Microsoft have collaborated closely since this issue was discovered and are happy to report that this issue has been resolved.

The Xbox may not be able to connect wirelessly to this device, or suffer from lag and intermittent disconnections. This is due to firewall setting that can cause MTU, Live Connection Error or Can't Access the Internet errors in older versions of this devices Firmware.  To resolve these issues, you will need to update devices Firmware to version 7.6.59c or later. Please see the Firmware Update section for instructions on how to update your devices firmware.

• Level   3

Thank you, i'm having this exact issue where the xbox one connects to the internet fine but when playing cod ghost, bf4, or any online game it says i'm not connected to the internet. I hope it comes asap after the holidays! ^_^

• Level   3

Do you know how long it'll be 'after the holidays' until the software is sent out and how we would know if we recieved it or not?

• Level   3

Having the same issue. I can use Skype, YouTube, and update. I cannot use multiplayer in games however. I am using Comcast, with an Arris TG862 Gateway Wi-Fi Modem. Any recommendations, other than using a direct connection with a Ethernet cable (XBox too far away from my modem) or turning off IpV6 function in the modem (tried, does not work) would be greatly appreciated! :) NOTE: I have the latest firmware, and it makes NO difference...

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" 

• Level   1

Soooo when is it coming...almost ready to go to sony

• Level   1

been working on this for several days. After setting up port forwarding, and putting the xbox on a static ip (10.0.0.32) and then putting that in the DMZ, I am sort of able to play some games online. Its not easy.

For bf4, I launch bf4, I try to play and it fails immediately to connect to servers. I then go to options, network,  It says my nat is open. I perform the multiplayer test, and bam, I can connect to the EA servers and play.  there are constant issues with the EA service so its hard to separate the issues totally.

I have not gotten Dead rising 3 to work yet, the same methodology does not work there. Anyone have any ideas? For DR3, my friend (also has open NAT, but not on comcast) can invite me, I get pulled into his game but then I disconnect immediately before I can see him. I send him an invite and he does not even get the invitation. its like it goes nowhere.

any ideas?

• Level   3

I had to use a separate router, hooked up to the gateway. I have my XBox One wi-fi connected to the router. Works like a champ. I can play all my Multiplayer games now. I recommend going out and buying a router (or use a spare one lying around) and connecting it to your gateway. :)

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" 

• Level   1

Try disabling IPv6 on your Xfinity Router. Comcast routers by default favor IPv6, and EA (and most other game servers) do not support it.

• Level   1

is it easy to hook up a separate router to the Arris modem/router

• Level   1

I tried disabling IPv6 on the router, this did not help.

• Level   1

same. ran a wire and now it works fine... waiting for word on when wifi will work. i couldnt sign in to any EA games. Now its all good.

• Level   3

Looks like the February update fixed this for me!