Technicolor-TC8305C

Login Info:

• Gateway-10.0.0.1
    • Username-admin
    • Password-password

How to Find SSID (Network Name)

1. Open your Web Browser.  
    2. Enter the Gateway IP information in the address bar-http://10.0.0.1
    3. When UI loads enter the login username & password when prompted. (example: "Username"-admin  "Password"-password)
    4. From the menu on the left select Gateway.
    5. From the submenu on the left select Connection.
    6. From the next submenu select Wireless
    7. You will now see Private WiFi Network populate.
    8. The Network Name will be located here.

How to Find Wireless Passphrase

1. Open a web browser.
    2. Log into the router by entering the default gateway into the address bar of the internet browser. (Example 10.0.0.1)
    3. The gateway will then prompt for a user name and password.  The default is the user name “admin” and the password is “password”.
    6. From the next submenu select Wireless.
    7. Under Private WiFi Network select Edit.
    8. The wireless passphrase can be found under “Network Password”.

How to Change Wireless Security

1. Open a web browser.
    2. Log into the router by entering the default gateway into the address bar of the internet browser. (Example 10.0.0.1)
    3. The gateway will then prompt for a user name and password.  The default is the user name “admin” and the password is “password”.
    8. Select the desired Security Mode. (i.e. WPA/WPA2 AES/TKIP) To turn off the security select Open.
    9. Select Save.

Change Wireless Channel

1. Open a web browser.
    3. The gateway will then prompt for a user name and password.  The default username is "admin" and the password is "password".
    8. Select the radio button next to Manual in Channel Selection.
    9. From the drop down menu labeled Channel select the desired channel. (Channel selections are 1-11. It is recommended that you select channels 1, 6 or 11)
    10. Select Save Settings.

Change Wireless Mode

**The Wireless Mode Can Not Be Changed on This Device.**  It is set to Mixed mode: B/G/N 

Change Wireless Band (width)

The default wireless band is 20MHz and cannot be changed.

Disabling MAC Filter

1. Open a web browser.
    3. The gateway will then prompt for a user name and password.  The default username is “admin” and the password is “password”.
    4. From the menu on the left select Parental Control.
    5. From the submenu on the left select Managed Devices.
    6. Select Disable.

DHCP Reservation

1. Open a web browser.
    3. The gateway will then prompt for a user name and password.  The default username is “admin” and the password is “password”.
    4. From the menu on the left select Connected Devices.
    5. From the submenu on the left select Computers.
    6. Click the Edit button to the right of the IP Address of the Xbox.
    7. In the Configuration section select Static IP.
    8. Click Save.

DMZ

1. Open a web browser.
    2. Log into the router by entering the default gateway into the address bar of the Internet browser. (Example 10.0.0.1)
    3. The gateway will then prompt for a user name and password. The default username is “admin” and the password is “password”.
    4. From the menu on the left select Advanced.
    5. Select Enable
    6. Enter the IP address of the Xbox in the DMZ Host field.
    7. Click Save.

UPnP

1. Open a web browser.
    5. From the submenu select Device Discovery.
    6. Toggle UPnP and Zero Configuration from enabled to disabled and back.
    7. Finally, click Save.

Port Forwarding

1. Open a web browser.
    3. The gateway will then prompt for a user name and password.  The default user name is “admin” and the password is “password”.
    5. From the submenu on the left select Port Forwarding.
    6. Select Enabled next to “Enable Port Forwarding”.
    7. Select “+ Add Port Forward”.
    8. In the following screen enter a Service Name. This should indicate Xbox Live (example: XBL or xbox360).
    9. Change the Service Type to TCP/UDP.
    10. Enter the IP Address assigned to the Xbox console in Server IP Address.
    11. For Start Public Port, End Public Port and Private Port(s) enter 3074.
    12. Select Save.

Disable Port Forwarding

1. Open a web browser.
    3. The gateway will then prompt for a user name and password.  The default user name is “admin” and the password is “password”.
    5. From the submenu on the left select Port Forwarding.
    6. Select Disable or select the “X” on the ports you would like to remove.

Firewall

1. Open a web browser.
    5. From the submenu on the left select Firewall.
    6. Select Desired Security level. "Low" is the recommended level for optimal performance with Xbox LIVE services. (NOTE: Selecting Custom will allow you to disable the Firewall completely).
    7. Select Save Settings.

Firmware

*The firmware setting is not accessible by the end user.* The ISP will update the firmware as needed.*

Restore Factory Defaults

Through firmware

1. Plug the computer into a LAN port via an Ethernet cable.
    2. Open a web browser.
    3. Log into the router by entering the default gateway into the address bar of the internet browser. (Example 10.0.0.1)
    4. The gateway will then prompt for a user name and password.  The default user name is “admin” and the password is “password”.
    5. From the menu on the left select Restore/Reset Gateway.
    6. Several options are here, Select Restore Factory Settings at the bottom of screen.

Through Hardware

1. Plug the computer into a LAN port via an Ethernet cable.
    2. Locate the reset button on the device.
    3. With paperclip/pentip/toothpick hold down the reset button for 35 seconds.
    4. Wait for lights to turn off then wait for the light sequence to return to normal.
    5. You should now have lights glowing and the internet/online light indicator should remain steady.

Multiple Console Support

Unconfirmed No

*Because it may not consistently work without NAT issues*

Bridging Guide

*Bridge mode should only be used if you have a router to plug into the device* 
    You must call your internet service provider for support and have them perform the Bridging from their end.

Known Issues

Lag and intermittent disconnections may occur, with no permanent fix known at this time. This may be related to the firmware/antenna/chipset.

High Firewall settings on this device can cause a number of errors on both the Xbox One and the Xbox 360.  We have seen "High packet loss" errors on the Xbox One and several potential errors on the 360 including "MTU", "Internet error", "Live connection".  Should any of these errors occur we suggest disabling or setting the firewall to low.

Device Manual

Click here to go to a manual for this device.

ϟ ϟ

• Level   1

For those who are experiencing disconnects from Xbox Live on this particular gateway it is because your security setting is set to WPA or WPA-2. Change that to WEP 64 or 128 and restart your gateway.

This has worked for me and I'm confident that it will work for you as well. If this works then you shouldn't have any more disconnects. Also turn on UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) under Advanced Settings to ensure that your NAT remains open as well. Let me know if this works, if not, try the other methods of solving your intermittent disconnects from Xbox Live posted on the Xbox website.

• Level   1

you can set your encryption algorithm to WEP if you want to make it easier to hack your network. to be honest its just not worth the security risk when you can just get a different device that isn't a complete piece of ***.

• Level   1

Since, for the life of me, I can't find a way to start a new thread I'm gonna see if I can get my issue on the table here.

I have had my xBox 360 Pro set up and working for several years wirelessly connected to a Linksys router connected to DSL.  It has always worked flawlessly.

Two weeks ago I moved into a new apartment that provides access to Comcast high-speed cable internet over this router - Technicolor-TC8305C.

After going through network setup it connected to the router and its wireless network.  However, it won't connect to the internet.  I've tried resetting it to clear out cache, deleting the configuration, reconfiguring, etc etc without anything changing -- connects to wifi but not the internet.  When I ran the network test it said something about my ISP not recognizing the DNS name.

Though I don't remember doing it on the Linksys, from reading this thread it appears that I should set up Port Forwarding, and possibly a static IP address, on this router.

Is that correct?

• Level   1

I am not guaranteeing that port forwarding would work, but if you are willing to try it, use port 3074. YouTube has videos that will help you in using port forward if you do need help. The default setting for all Technicolor TC8305C gateways for IP's is the Dynamic IP, and that means that every time a client connects to your gateway, their IP changes, and Xbox makes the most use of that. Setting up a Static IP could potentially fix your Xbox's inability to connect to the internet. To do this: go to System Settings, Network, Configure Network, then choose Manual. Again, YouTube has videos that can help you do these things. I've tried everything on the list of possible fixes, even the one that I've posted, but no success. Comcast has noticed the problem, but has not addressed it just yet. The only plausible explanation would be that the recent firmware update to the TC8305C has "fixed" something that was never broken.