This question is answered

How do you view the birthday associated with your xbox live account?

• Level   2

I'm trying to link my ea account to my Xbox Live gamer tag, and the support at EA keep telling me my birthday is incorrect...  I'm pretty sure that hasn't changed since I was born so perhaps I entered the wrong thing accidentally. Can anyone tell me where I can find this information?

Verified Answer
  • There is no way to view the birthdate you entered when you created your XBL account. Point of fact, if you used your correct birthdate (and did not lie about it) then it would be the very same as your real life birthdate.

The age of your e-mail account has no bearing on the age of your XBL account.

All Replies
    • Level   2

Try going to https://account.live.com  and sign in with the email associated with your Gamertag. You should be able to view it from there and try the date that is listed on that.

Xbox Live Ambassador

• There is no way to view the birthdate you entered when you created your XBL account. Point of fact, if you used your correct birthdate (and did not lie about it) then it would be the very same as your real life birthdate.

The age of your e-mail account has no bearing on the age of your XBL account.

• Level   1

Having the same problem. No idea why they think I have two different birthdays. Now I can't do anything through EA.

• Level   7

How does EA know your B-day is incorrect?

• Level   1

Same problem! The morons at EA insist my birthdates do not match, but I am absolutely certain of my birthday ... I cannot seem to see for myself what the birthday is set as for my GamerTag.

• Level   1

its really surprising to see this many people facing the exact same problem and getting absolutely ZERO help from MS.sadly i m part of u guys too.now i cant link any EA game to my EA account and this is seriously pissing me off.now i am thinking about shifting to PC for EA games.there should be a simple option to change or view birth date from within our xbox live account.how can this be so darn impossible to implement?!?!?

• Level   5
    • Suggested Answer

The fact is that EA uses their own servers to allow people to play their games and  EA has a minimum age requirement of 13 to be able to play their games, when i made my EA account and linked them i had no issue linking my account, yet when my nephew tried he could not play the games (He was 12).

If you are in fact over the game minimum, just make a new EA account and make sure your birthday is correct as the one you entered when you signed up for xbox live, and then link the account. Like Tem stated, if you did not lie it will be your actual birthday.

-Major

• Level   1

I must say Microsoft is completely stupid.  They ask you to enter your birthday as part of your Live account details when you create an account, but then that's it......they hide it away from even their own customer support staff.  I just got off the phone with XB Live customer support and they said they can't see the birthday associated with my account. WTF!!!!!!! I can see the birth date associated with my Windows Live ID but not my Xbox Live account.  The guy on the phone said it was for security purposes. Security from whom...myself.  The stupid thing is if I had typed it in wrong on that clumsy @@@ POS software keyboard when creating my gamertag and didn't notice it, that's it, it will always be wrong. No one can change it or even at least VIEW what it is.  Why Xbox would hide details of a customer's account even from themselves is beyond me.

I too can't link my EA account with my gamertag now.  My gamer tag is now stuck being liked to an older ea account.  So Stupid.  Maybe i'll have more luck if I just call EA instead of using the chat service.

• Level   4
    • Suggested Answer

It's not viewable because as a previous poster made very clear, Microsoft assumes that you know your own birthday, and you should carefully confirm it as correct before submitting it.  Microsoft assumes that people enter their correct birthday, but as we all know, it seems to be too much to assume that customers might actually do the right thing.  In your case, it's understandable but still not Microsoft's fault that your birthday was entered incorrectly.  Xbox Support will not be able to see your birthday anymore than you can.  This is so that parent's can rest assured that a child account stays a child account instead of a child wanting to just run in and change their birthday whenever they feel like it.  EA detects your birthday tied to your Xbox Account, and that is where it denies access.  

• Level   2

When being added on to a Family Pack as someone other than the main account, the service resets your account to a child and changes your birth date.  Since Microsoft screwed up and can neither view nor change an accounts birthday, this causes many, many problems among various services that require your birthdate.  When linking my EA account, they said my birthday was wrong, when I know for a fact I entered it correctly 4 years ago.  Microsoft made a serious error in their implementation of handling account information.  

For everyone trying to link their EA accounts, if you have an online access code that was tied to that account, provide it to the service representative when you call them.  He was able to link my account by using my NHL 12 online access code for verification.

• Level   2
    • Suggested Answer

Hey Azhra, I just wanted to clarify your post. When a GT joins a family pack, it does NOT reset your birth date on the account.

• Level   2

Except it actually does mess with it.  It either resets or changes it.  There is no other reason for my birthday being different from what it actually is.  

• Level   2

Your birth date isn't changed on the account, but some secondary family pack members are treated as a child account by the system--I just want to clarify the point that, were you to leave the family pack, your birth date would be no different than it was at account creation. :-)

• Level   2

Dude, seriously?  Being "treated as a child by the system" obviously means that it changes the date of birth, or else EA support would not have told me I had the wrong birth date.  I have the proof to back myself up, where is yours?  I want to see my birth date on my account.  And obviously if EA is accessing it, that means THEY can view it.

• Level   2

Hey Azhra, as stated earlier in this thread, I'm afraid that you cannot view the birth date on your account. Again, I can assure you that the date listed on your personal account does not change in our systems. Because the OP's question in this thread has been answered, I will be locking down this thread. If you still have support questions, please create your own thread with a full description of the issue you're experiencing, and everything you've tried so far. Thank you! :-)