This question has suggested answer(s)

Cannot access Account Management, cannot buy points, Problems with Membership

• Level   1

Last week I tried to purchase some microsoft points inorder to make a L.A Noire DLC purchase. Didn't work, I kept encountering a problem concerning my payment method. I double checked re adding my credit card (Its fine) but still no points added. I kept receiving the same error message. So, I called xbox live support. Told them what was going on, and they recommended me clearing my system cache. So i did with no results...  He then instructed me to try and access my account through the xbox. For some reason it told me that over and over that account management was unavailable. Stumped the support guy kept on asking me if I was a gold subscriber to which i replied yes over and over. He then checked my account on his end confirming my subscription.

However, oddly enough he checked my payment history. According to that I haven't payed for xbox live since 2006 which was came as a complete shock to the support guy and myself. I've been an Xbox live Gold member since they first started xbox live. And a college student since Fall 2006, so xbox live has been a part of my recreational time for the last 5 years.. But I've never had this problem. 

Problems include: Ability to add a new credit card, but cannot pay for anything

Free Xbox live gold subscription

Cannot purchase microsoft points

Cannot access account management

Xbox Live support has no answer for me and has elevated my case (to someone of a higher authority)

when trying to access my account from xbox.com I receive the error message when trying to access account management saying (and i quote word for word...)

"Uh oh... that shouldn't have happened.

It appears you've found a glitch in the system."

Again I've been an honest subscriber and user of XBOX live for over 5 years now and have nothing to hide. I would really like to just fix this so i can download new cases for L.A Noire... 

If anyone has any ideas or suggestions I'm all ears. After speaking with microsoft support, my growing lack of confidence in their abilities to rectifiy or solve this problem just scares me even further... 

All Replies
    • Level   S
    • Suggested Answer

Have you tried recovering your account?