This question has suggested answer(s)

password lock a child account

• Level   2

i am not seeing the option anywhere. 

My particular scenario has pre-teen girls that will know how to go into account settings and change it. And i do not want that pls.

All Replies
    • Level   9

Read this link

Also, if your children know the sign in email and password of your account This link will show you how to change the email address, password, or both.

• Level   2

unfortunately the password lock feature described in the link, limits who can sign into the account by entering a passcode before signing in.

what i am asking is for the ability to lock the account settings. Letting anyone play on the Live account, but not letting anyone change the (child) settings.

• Level   8

Is this on their own accounts or the account you're posting with now?

Ryder Cup: 10-6 up and you blew it? hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Oh wait you serious? Let me laugh even harder BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

• Level   8

well put your children on a child account via the family account if supervision is an issue

and put a passcode on your own profile

viola they can't sign into your account and they can only sign into theirs

http://mktplassets.xbox.com/NR/exeres/B052B919-3143-4DCB-A33E-A8760D639C68.htm

purchases are under the online privacy settings

• Level   2

still no.

I am not trying to lock them out of my account (although they are using their own account). I am talking about the account settings can be simply changed from child to adult. Every account setting can be changed from within the child account.

• Level   2

ok now your confusing us

lets start all over again

"My particular scenario has pre-teen girls that will know how to go into account settings and change it. And i do not want that pls."

child accounts are locked to parental windows live id requireing you or the child to enter the parental password

this can be done at www.passport.com and manage your child accounts and change your parental windows live id password

its easier if you have a family account and it can be change at the family center and only the master account cna change those settings

if your children want to go and download m rated demos no parental setting will allow them to do that

they must wait till they are 18

• Level   2

create a "child" account in account settings.

Let the kids have a blast with it.

While in that child account, the user is able to simply change it into an "adult" account. Racial/sexual messages from Live users ensue.

I do not want a password lock on the account, because they need to actually login to the account to be able to play. I am talking about the account "settings" needing a password lock. I do not see that option at all.

• Level   2

thats privacy settings LOL

they can login all they want and play online

PARENTAL settings cannot be changed by the child user unless you give them the password

this requires the parental password

child accounts cannot change to adults magically

you can change privacy and family settings with the parental password which i hope you do not give to your children

you have have it so they cannot post any info on the bio

again please look at the family account and the family settings link i posted previously

• Level   4

Sounds like the girls accounts may be adult accounts, otherwise there would be a lock on changing the settings on the gamertag.

• Level   4

if you had set up your children with adult accounts then your only solution then is to be the parent and create a family account

that way the master account can set restrictions

• Level   S
    • Suggested Answer

Alright, I think we need to start over. OP: what the other users are suggesting is that the girls need their own accounts, not playing on yours. You set a passcode on yours so they can't sign in to yours and change settings, and then their accounts can be monitored and parented however you see fit with the Parental Settings and Online Safety Settings.