This question is answered

Transfer one account to another

• Level   2

Hi,

I have an old xbox live account and gamertag with loads of saved games / data etc. on it that i want to transfer to my new current one (which is associated with a different windows live ID and has its own gamertag).

I want to do this so I don't lose all my game history old contacts etc.

Cany anyone help me do this?

Thanks,

Verified Answer
    • Level   2
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

Hi xXMASTERXxPURE, do you also need help with something? If so, please make your own topic (if it's not already been answered in this thread. The question that was asked here was the ability to transfer game saves/data/contacts from one XBOX Live account to another.

The answer was that this is unfortunately not possible. Any sort of data and content that is downloaded/saved on one gamertag is not transferable to another account.

If your question is something totally different feel free to make a new thread in the forums and someone will be more than happy to help you out.

All Replies
    • Level   M
    • Suggested Answer

Unfortunately there is no way to transfer or merge accounts.

Post 'as is' and confers no rights
    Forum Rules Yo!

@bowski477

• Level   S

Hey there Skippy! I understand you have a question about merging two accounts. It sounds like you'd like to keep your old account, but use your current WLID and GT with it, is that correct? If so, you can simply change the WLID to something else, and then change your old account to this WLID, no sweat.

As for the GT, you'd have to essentially pay for two changes: one on the new account to free up the GT, and one to change the old account to the desired GT. This would run you 1600 MSP.

If this isn't what you were looking to do, please let me know, although as Bowski pointed out, there is no way to directly merge two accounts together. Let us know, thanks!

• Level   1

I was hoping to find out the same thing

• Level   1
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

Hi xXMASTERXxPURE, do you also need help with something? If so, please make your own topic (if it's not already been answered in this thread. The question that was asked here was the ability to transfer game saves/data/contacts from one XBOX Live account to another.

The answer was that this is unfortunately not possible. Any sort of data and content that is downloaded/saved on one gamertag is not transferable to another account.

If your question is something totally different feel free to make a new thread in the forums and someone will be more than happy to help you out.

• Level   1

My son started using my gamer tag over a year ago despite having his own xbox without internet access as it was an old style one without wifi built in. I have since moved my mini xbox to his room as he was hogging the living room TV all the time and I didn't have time to play due to a new job. Problem is I now want my gamer tag back as I have all my saves and downloaded games on there, unfortunately so does he now. When I mentioned wanting my gamer tag and back there were tears so I have backed down and decided I'm going to have to scrap 5 years of everything and start a fresh. How much does that suck, I have a lot of saved games and achievement points on there ;-(

• Level   2

this is all strange as You guys write it cannot happen but Xbox support did it for me - transferred all my purchases from one GT to another in 2010 he telephoned me about it.

• Level   2

well thats not possible

as baned accounts would fill up live queue requestintg their content be transfered

NOTHING can be transfered between accounts PERIOD

confirmed by the support agent above

you can however change the windows live id

which doesnt change the account at all

"Hey there Skippy! I understand you have a question about merging two accounts. It sounds like you'd like to keep your old account, but use your current WLID and GT with it, is that correct? If so, you can simply change the WLID to something else, and then change your old account to this WLID, no sweat.

As for the GT, you'd have to essentially pay for two changes: one on the new account to free up the GT, and one to change the old account to the desired GT. This would run you 1600 MSP.

If this isn't what you were looking to do, please let me know, although as Bowski pointed out, there is no way to directly merge two accounts together. Let us know, thanks!"

is the offical answer from an  xbox support agent

• Level   2

Actually you can genious pay attention to the last line:

Can I transfer content from one Xbox LIVE account to another?

No. Content licenses are stored in the Xbox 360 console rather than in the Xbox LIVE account.

To enable someone else's Xbox LIVE account to use your content licenses, you must download your Xbox LIVE profile and then transfer your content licenses to that person's Xbox 360 console.

•To download your Xbox LIVE profile to a different Xbox 360 console, see Download, move, or delete your Xbox LIVE profile.

•To transfer a content license from one Xbox 360 console to another, see Can I transfer a content license from one Xbox 360 console to another?

After you've downloaded your Xbox LIVE profile and transferred your content licenses to another Xbox 360 console, the content can be used by all the profiles on that console.