This question is answered

"Sorry, Somethings wrong with your Windows Live ID" Need help.

• Level   1

I have purchase a new Xbox360 Slim. When I tried to retrieve my Xbox Live account, it would screw up half way through downloading and tell me that there is some kind of problem. I instead just manually copied it over using a USB, and it seemed to work fine. But when i tried to sign in, it asks me to input my email and password that is assign to the account, this is not where the problem was, it was after i entered the information correctly and it stopped signing in and gave me this error:

"Sorry, Something's wrong with your Windows Live ID, Visit: http://account.live.com for help    80151012"

The web site has been no help at all, when i go to the site, before showing me my live account, it informs me that my account has been 'temporarily blocked'. I have attempted to put my mobile number in, but it doesn't want to accept it. I'm not sure if the temporary block is contributing to my problem.

Verified Answer
    • Level   7
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

In the future when you have an issue with anything, please make a new post.

As for your issue, this status code usually means that the account is blocked. If you are not seeing any sort of information on the page then please contact the Windows Live Help team by going here.

• Level   1
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

Hey guys your all awesome! :]

All Replies
    • Level   5
    • Suggested Answer

The temporarily block might contribute to your problem, you could wait 24 hours befor trying it again.

Because the download didn't complete fully you might want to trie deleting the profile (only profile) and redownload the gamertag? support.xbox.com/.../profile-move-delete

• Level   1

That still didn't work, it starts to download, but 1/3rd of the way through downloading it, it stops for a while then pops up with the same error. Waiting 24 hours wont help, its been blocked for a long time.

• Level   5
    • Suggested Answer

Hi, ok my advise would be to first try and 'fix' the temporarily blocked account issue, you can do this by following this link windows.microsoft.com/.../account-temporarily-blocked-faq and try and contact support for windows live (http://windows.microsoft.com/hotmail/hotmail-support)

• Level   2
    • Suggested Answer

I helped many people resolve this "80151012" issue in the past. To fix this issue, just simply change your windows live ID. Then recovering the account should not be an issue. I suggest making a new windows live ID. People who tried to recover their account from the original 360 consoles to the slim has experienced this issue. Just simply create a new windows live ID and change your old one. Hope this helps a lot of gamers with the 80151012 error code

• Level   1

Thanks, just have to wait till next month to see if it works since you have to wait 14 days.

• Level   1

I just started experiencing this issue today. I'm able to log into my windows live ID on my computer and it doesn't say I'm banned or anything. My account's been set to "adult" settings for over a year now as I'm almost 20. Is it just something that should take a few hours to a day to wait out? Are plenty of other people experiencing this? I work a lot and I just wanna play the minecraft update with my friends in what little free time I have.

• Level   S

Hey l45thl HYPES! Can I please have you create your own thread in this forum detailing your issue and any steps you've tried? This will allow us to provide you individual troubleshooting steps! :)

• Level   1

Im about to move to London i live in hawaii atm, i sent my causin my account info to recover my account because i gotta sell my xbox when he finished typing my email and pass it started downloading but when the download bar was at half it said something wrong with windows live id visit account.live.com error code 80151012 i went to the website and said nothing... Please help