This question is answered

Threatened to get hacked.

• Level   1

a guy has threated to hack me. he said he'll sign into my windows live id, change my password, and delete my account. in less than 20 mins. he said "im taking your account". at the time i got that message, i got disconnected from live. i think it might have just been a coincidence though, cus my account renewal on my current payment method was TODAY, and my payment method was expired so i updated it and i can access live now. i know my security question and account info, just changed my account password for just incase...so anything i can do to ensure im not getting hacked? my friend said have a fraud alert put on my account....please help

Verified Answer
    • Level   5
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

You did the right thing changing your password. I don't see how anyone could actually access your account without knowing the email and password which I'm sure you would never give out to anyone.

-

I don't believe that the other person was actually going to do what they said, file a complaint against them on your console. If you do decide to raise the issue with support they could well lock your account totally until the investigation is completed, that means even you couldn't access it.

-

It's your choice of course in what you do.

• Level   5
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

Just in case you need any further info regarding filing a complaint.

-

support.xbox.com/.../chat-terms-of-use-conduct

• Level   4
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

If you do start having internet issues, contact your ISP and let them know you think you may be a victim of a Denial of Service Attack.

All Replies
    • Level   1

*threatened to hack me. sry couldnt edit post

• Level   5
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

You did the right thing changing your password. I don't see how anyone could actually access your account without knowing the email and password which I'm sure you would never give out to anyone.

-

I don't believe that the other person was actually going to do what they said, file a complaint against them on your console. If you do decide to raise the issue with support they could well lock your account totally until the investigation is completed, that means even you couldn't access it.

-

It's your choice of course in what you do.

• Level   1

Ok. I don't know if he can actually hack, but he does know how to kick offline, or "fry your router", so that may be a problem i need to report...

• Level   5
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

Just in case you need any further info regarding filing a complaint.

-

support.xbox.com/.../chat-terms-of-use-conduct

• Level   4
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

If you do start having internet issues, contact your ISP and let them know you think you may be a victim of a Denial of Service Attack.