This question is answered

Moved My region and now its in Russian and i cannot change it!!

• Level   2

Hi all, i have changed my region on xbox live and 70% of my display became in russian. i have changed the Language in the setting but its still showing games, videos ..etc in russian. how can i change this back to English. please note that i cannot change my region for another 12 months

thanks

Verified Answer
    • Level   S
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

Unfortunately there is nothing we can do at this time. There are multiple warning screens during this process that warn of this wait period. I would advise creating a new account. Even after the year is up, you most likely will not be able to migrate back to your original region. Sorry for the frustration.

• Call support if you feel you lost control of your account, phone support is the only ones who can help you with something like that.

All Replies
    • Level   S

Did you migrate your account here on Xbox.com or did you just change the Location/Locale on the console?

• Level   2

yes i migrated without knowing that its once a year

• Level   S
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

Unfortunately there is nothing we can do at this time. There are multiple warning screens during this process that warn of this wait period. I would advise creating a new account. Even after the year is up, you most likely will not be able to migrate back to your original region. Sorry for the frustration.

• Level   2

Thank u Sir

• Level   1

MINE HAS DONE THIS ON ITS OWN?!?! Or somebody has hacked my account?!?!?!?!?! Someone please tell me how i can change it back to english uk?!?!?!?!?! HELP!!!!!

• Call support if you feel you lost control of your account, phone support is the only ones who can help you with something like that.

• Level   1

Mine is stuck in this Russian mode also, I've tried calling customer support but nobody will pick up.

• Level   1

me 2..... but mine is in spanish..............

• Level   2

Mine account was hacked and they switched the region to Russia. Microsoft is completely terrible in handling this issue you would think that they would be able to revert the account to the state before it got hacked but that concept will blow the mind of anyone you talk to in tech support. For every one person that happens to move to russia and needs to change their region there are 10k of us who are screwed because someone hacked in and changed it. Your best bet is to remove any credit cards from the account if you can and buy a ps3 or start gaming on your pc. Xbox only cares about money the security and needs of their customers is not a priority.

• Level   1

I created my account years ago when I was stationed in Germany, for the ARMY.  Obviously I set my region as Germany, because I was in... Germany.  I have since tried to get it changed, but no matter when I do or have tried via Xbox support it always is in damn German!  This is frustrating as hell.  I don't know what people are talking about have to wait a year, I just tried to change it again for the first time in 2 years and still.... German.

• Level   1

well 2 things

when you migrate an accouynt the creditcards are removed anyways

no kombuncha you cannot migrate an account to germany or US

only the 9 new regions and it was a 1 x thing unless you were hacked

• Level   1

I didn't migrate to Germany.  It's where my address was when I started. So it was the default set.  How retarded is it that you can't migrate it to the US?  I'm tired of my *** being in German for the last 5 years.

• Level   1

you could never ever migrate to the US that was never an option MS has said the tool was only available to the 9 new regions

if you want to have an US account you will have to create a new account

1655 gamerscore really isn't that much