This question is answered

rating content

• Level   1

im having problems downloading the map packs for MW3. when i click confirm download it says "this account is not permitted to download content with this rating" but on my family settings everything is unlocked.  i dont know what to do . HELP PLEASE

Verified Answer
    • Level   S
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

Do you happen to have a child account? If so you will need to have the parent account promote you to an adult account in order to download Mature-rated content. Here are the steps that need to be taken to do this: support.xbox.com/.../online-safety. Or, if you are over 18 you can create a new adult gamertag and download the content there. Please let me know if this helps.

How to use the forums
    Retired Support Agent - No PMs please!

All Replies
    • Level   S
    • Suggested Answer

Greetings, aGIRL707! Thank you for bring this question to us. You mentioned that your family settings are all unlocked. However, if you are a secondary account on your family plan and your settings are set to "custom" you may have problems downloading content. Can you please try setting your account to "adult" and see if the problem persists? Keep me posted. I'm here if you have any further questions.

How to use the forums

• Level   1

where do i set it as adult again?

• Level   S
    • Suggested Answer

Go ahead and open up this page: support.xbox.com/.../online-safety. Under "Change online safety and privacy settings" you'll see an image which shows the interface that allows you to toggle between Adult, Teen, Child, and Custom settings. Just follow the steps listed there and make sure that Adult is selected. Hope this helps!

How to use the forums

• Level   1

i set it to adult and it didnt help. i still cant download it

• Level   S
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

Do you happen to have a child account? If so you will need to have the parent account promote you to an adult account in order to download Mature-rated content. Here are the steps that need to be taken to do this: support.xbox.com/.../online-safety. Or, if you are over 18 you can create a new adult gamertag and download the content there. Please let me know if this helps.

How to use the forums

• Level   1

so i made a new profile and it is letting me download it! now that i have the map packs i will be able to use them on my real account right?

• Level   S

Hey Girl! When you went to that site to set your account safety to "Adult", were you logged in to your account, or the Primary Account of the Family Plan? Also, is your account a child account by itself (usually under 18 years old)?

Regarding you purchase of those map packs, any account should be able to use them on that same console, but the purchasing account will need to be logged in to LIVE if you want to use it on another console. Let us know about the questions above and we'll make sure we get everything squared away for you. Thanks!

• Level   1

Hay I can't change my gamer tag I just payed for a new year of gold and it wo t let me download the maps so what do I do tells me the same thing

• Level   S
    • Suggested Answer

Hey there, dudewas78249! Thanks for bringing this question to the forums. Can you please create a new thread for us? This will enable us to provide you with the best support possible for your situation. Thank you in advance! Standing by for your thread. :)

How to use the forums

• Level   1

This is so annoying, I've tried everything. I changed my account into an adult account from the parent controll but still nothing. I should be able to play M rated games I'm 17 years old.

• Level   7

Age off majority Is 18 not 17

You cannot turn and child account into and adult till your accoint turns 18

Parental settins only affect purchases not demos

• Level   1

Your wrong about that ngocphi i tried downloading Hitman Blood Money demo and guess what i tried everything and it didn't work.

• Level   1

This is horrible cuz its like I can't download any thing

• Level   S
    • Suggested Answer

Greetings, everyone. I just wanted to jump in here and confirm that the legal adult age varies by country and region. dudewas78249 and Mission 55, can you please both make new threads for us? We'd be more than happy to help you there. Thank you!

How to use the forums

• Level   1

I have my email set to age 20. I'm actually 17 but I don't understand why it isn't letting me download games with M rating or RP rating. I'm aloud to download these types of games. I have all settings to adult and allowed everything yet I still can't download some content. I've tried to remove the parental permission because I never really needed it but I some how had to put it at the beginning when I first got my xbox. When I try removing it I always getting a message saying, "Uh Oh... that shouldn't have happened." I don't understand what is going on and I wish for some advise on what to do.