This question has suggested answer(s)

Can you use a visa gift card to buy xbox live

• Level   1

Well I've read forums on different sites and I wanted to do this now that xbox doesnt make one month membership card for gold. Well i was wondering if you could use a visa gift card to buy xbox live points those cards that are pre paid but are considered "debit cards" well any way ive heard from, peoples' trouble that some have used them and others havent and I was wondering if it was possible to use a visa gift card. And if it is possible how would you do it? buy it on the computer through xbox or buy it through your xbox on your dashboard. Most peoples' problems have said that when they add the billing information that their card gets denied for use because it isnt a real credit card. Would you have to set up the card on the website with you information please respond :) and p.s. i think people in the future reading this forum wont be so confused like me. Because most people dont have a credit card or a game place near them. So most of us buy a pre paid gift card to use and many people get dissapointted when your company takes a dollar off and then denies them of use so please please respond

the gammer named FBMM14

All Replies
    • Level   4

If the billing information does not match the CC information - xbl might not accept the payment.

This is for the protection of the account; also there is no way for them to know if it is a pre-paid CC or a real CC. It also is dependent on your region.

Pre-Paid sub/points cards might be your best option, and are usually cheaper.

Banana? + mEouse? =
                Squirrl!

• Level   1

lets say you buy the gift card but you buy what ever you want to buy on your computer through xbox will it still have the semi problem of adding the correct information

• Level   7

Yep this is why you goto the bank provider's site to provide billing details the card must be from the region of your account

• Level   S
    • Suggested Answer

Most prepaid and gift credit cards will not work as they are not set up for online and/or recurring billing. You might be able to set this up on their website by entering some information, but that depends on the card and the provider.

• Level   1

True because I tried this but did not work but I will send you a 2 day trial code

• Level   2
    • Suggested Answer

If you buy one of those Vanilla Mastercards, I've personally tried them. You go to their website (on the back of their card it says it), register all of your information, and then it will say "Congrats, your card is now ready for online use!" You can then link it to paypal, and you'll be golden from there! Good luck :D

• Level   1
    • Suggested Answer

hey so this probally doesn't seem like much use to you anymore but to everyone else, as long as you enter your card through xbox.com and use your name in the billing information you can use a pre-paid gift card.

• Level   1

My prepaid card won't work:(

• Level   S
    • Suggested Answer

Hey there Ambee! For our best help, please create a new thread here detailing your issue and any steps you have already taken. We'll be happy to assist you there, thanks!

• Level   1

i am trying right now to buy points for the minecraft skin pack 4 and i do everything as it says except it says enter the name on your credit card. but my credit card just says "for you" and i typed in YOU and For you and what not but it still wont work

• Level   7

you need to register billing info at the card providers website

this is why we dont recommend the cards

• Level   1

you cannot register the billing information on a vanilla visa gift card, only your zip code.

• Level   7

then you arent buying the right cards

as we said this is dependent on your vendor

call their support line

peepaid cards are a waste of time because of the tranaction fees

• Level   5

If LIVE does not generaly accept prepaid cards as payment, it seems to me that you could use that same prepaid card to purchase a MS point card or Gold subscription card from a local or online retailer and just redeem the code in your LIVE account.

Xbox Community Level 15 Specializations: (★) ß ⛊ ▀
    @HyruleBalverine

• Level   1

I'm having trouble with this too.