This question has suggested answer(s)

Rocksmith Bass Expansion pack

• Level   1

I downloaded this pack and can't find it anywhere?  I looked on the system music and video player, on the game itself.  No luck.  Any ideas?

All Replies
    • Level   5
    • Suggested Answer

I'm not sure exactly what you were expecting to get with the Bass Expansion ( new tracks maybe? there are none ) but here's some info from the official Rocksmith website

-

Is there bass in the game?

-

Rocksmith Guitar and Bass Edition includes bass for 53 on-disc tracks and all in-game features. If you own the original release of Rocksmith (non ‘Guitar and Bass’ edition) you can download the Bass Expansion DLC on Xbox LIVE® Marketplace for Xbox 360® or PlayStation®Network for PlayStation®3.

-

Which songs will I be able to play using a bass?

You will be able to play bass on the 53 songs on the disc which feature a bass part. Bass guitar arrangements will also be added for all supported previously released DLC.

-

Will I need to repurchase past DLC to play them with bass?

No, the new bass content will add bass arrangements for all previously purchased DLC.

-

Do I have to pay more for future DLC to play them with bass?

There will be no extra charge for bass support on future DLC songs. Bass arrangements will be included with the guitar arrangements currently being offered.

-

Which features can I use with my bass?

Nearly everything playable with guitar can be played with a bass! There are brand new bass technique challenges and instructional videos, bass specific equipment for playing

-

rocksmith.ubi.com/.../index.aspx

• Level   1

I'm having a problem with my Bass Expansion DLC. I purchased the DLC on 2/4/2013 soon after buying the game. My brother and I have been able to play the Bass Expansion for a bit and even unlocked achievements for it (you can verify this in my achievement history).

However, recently, the DLC won't detect while playing the game, it just redirects me to the purchase page. The DLC is actually still on my hard drive. The Xbox support page recommends that I delete the DLC then redownload it but I'm not sure If I should yet. I'm still using the same account, same console, same everything, yet I somehow have this issue.

As of now, I'm currently trying to contact a Community Ambassador while I wait for a response to this forum post, I also might wander the Xbox support page some more.

Apologies if this is in the wrong thread. Please try to respond soon.

• Level   1

EDIT: Disregard my previous message. After searching through the Xbox support page for a while, I managed to chat to a Microsoft support agent via IM. After awhile, he directed me to a Microsoft Support phone number, and after a long phone call, the problem was resolved, I can use the DLC again.

Apparently, it had something to do with an error regarding payment and download history.