This question has suggested answer(s)

Cancelling Xbox Music Trial

• Level   5

I'm curious as to how I do this.  Do I set auto-renewal off or do I have to remove my payment method? 

All Replies
    • Level   3
    • Suggested Answer

you can set you auto renewal to off but you cant remove your payment method till your free trail is done with.iam currently in the xbox music 30 day trial myself and set my auto renewal to off so as my payment would not go through so after my free trail is finshed i can remove the payment method.

• Level   5

Ok .  I just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to accidentally get charged.

• Level   1

ive been trying to sort this for days...when i go to when i click change for xbox music pass i get a new page telling me ive been sent an email with a code to enter to protect my account..however,after doing this multiple times over some days..ive never recieved the email,and am still stuck with this music pass on my account ..the free trial ends on the 27th..so despite my efforts i wil be charged for it?? thnx microsoft,nice way to make some money eh?

• Level   S

Hi Prof4ne!  Darkman is right that you can disable auto-renewal. Steps for doing that are over here:  Cancel your Xbox LIVE Gold (paid) membership or Xbox Music Pass

Gumbo, the issue you're describing has to do with your Security Proofs- which are normally a measure to keep your account safe by having you confirm your identity before any billing changes can be made. It sounds like we're having a hard time getting that confirmation email to you, though. Have you checked your spam filter?Alternately, have you thought about adding a phone number to the account?  If you're still having trouble getting in, you can post to 03 - Managing my Xbox LIVE Account. We'll get it taken care of!  

• Level   1

im trying to turn off auto renewal for this aswell, but for some reason the email address my code is getting sent to isnt one i chose and doesnt even exist. The music pass is due to renew on the 13th and i cant change the email address i receive codes to until next year. Anyone shed any light on how to resolve this to avoid being charged for something i wont use and dont want.

• Level   1

You'll need to contact phone support to turn it off if you're unable to turn it off on the site due to the e-mail address being invalid.

Please reach out to them here

• Level   1

I had the trail and then I bought the 1 month recurring music pass. But im still on the 30 day trail. Is there a way to cancel the free trial so i can have the benefits I payed for now? Or do I have to wait a whole month before I get to use the full version.

• Level   S

Hey BubswithChubs! I do believe that the trial should cancel when you purchase the Xbox Music Pass. You should be able to check this out at commerce.microsoft.com and see your Subscription History which will give you the beginning and end dates of your Xbox Music subscription! If you have further questions we'd be happy to help you out if you create a new thread of your own in this forum. :)

• Level   1

The trail offers the same as the paid version there's no difference!

• Level   1

I'm having trouble with this free trial too. I got the trial snd I've tried following the xbox site for a way to turn off the auto renewal but it either lead to a dead end or the page i wanted came up with an error saying 'oops that wasnt supposed to happen' and obviously you cant remove a credit card while its attached to a service. Microsoft is being incredibly useless on the topic. I've got barely any money left in my account (from buying xbox games) and it wants to charge me when the music trial is finished. PLEASE HELP!

• Level   S

Hi Duffman,

What that "Oops" error is telling us, is that there is a billing suspension on the account you are attempting to access.

To resolve this, Phone Support will be your best option.