This question has suggested answer(s)

Can i connect my 1tb hard drive to console????

• Level   1

hi

I have 1TB usb hard drive which is in NTFS formate and i want to use this hard drive for my gaming and my videos and all other things... Can it possible i connect it to my console becoz i have only 4GB space in my console

Thanks

Chirag Shah

All Replies
    • Level   M
    • Suggested Answer

If you could use it it will only let you use 16GB on the drive (from what I have read in other threads asking similar questions). 
    I'm guessing you don't want to buy an official HDD?, you might be better off buying a decent sized flash-drive to use instead but that would also be limited to 16GB.

Post provided 'as is' and confers no rights.

• Level   M
    • Suggested Answer

ReverentBrush2
    I have 1TB usb hard drive which is in NTFS formate and i want to use this hard drive for my gaming and my videos and all other things... Can it possible i connect it to my console

No. NTFS is not supported by the 360.

If you connect it and select it from System Settings, Memory, the 360 should report that the drive needs to be formatted to be used by the console. The 360 will convert it to one huge FAT32 volume and place a 16GB USB Memory Unit on it. You'd then be able to use 16GB for trusted storage (game saves, DLC). The rest you could use with a PC to store media files for playback on the 360 via the appropriate media playback tile.