This question has suggested answer(s)

Open tray problem Wont read discs

• Level   1

My xbox 360 SLim started having an open tray problem this morning... ive tried many discs ive tried clearing the system cache and everything else you guys suggested and its still not working... i decided tolook elsewhere for things that other people were doing to fix this problem and i came across some statistics that say 30% of the new 360 consoles have this problem and the only way to fix it is to send it in to the manufacturer... i would like some kind of help with this problem if you guys have a suggestion for me

All Replies
    • Level   M
    • Suggested Answer

Now then,

If you have tried everything that's in the stickies about open tray & discs not reading to no avail, then the next step would be to order a service/repair through customer support.
    But maybe someone will know if something else you could try first, fingers crossed hey.

Post provided 'as is' and confers no rights.

• Level   2

Have you tried cleaning the laser with a DVD/CD Cleaner?  I know this worked for me, but then about 3 or 4 months later I got hit with the 2 red lights error.  Not to say that this will happen to you or that it will solve your problem, but it fixed mine for a short time.  Otherwise I'm going to guess that you will need to send your 360 in to be fixed.

• Level   2
    • Suggested Answer

If your console is still under warranty it's best to call support and send your xbox off for an official repair. It could be something as simple as a dirty laser lens, but fixing it yourself would invalidate your warranty.