This question is answered

Original Xbox game, attach hard drive?

• Level   2

I just bought a 4gb Kinect system. When i try to play my original xbox games I get a error that I need to attach a xbox 360 hard drive. This doesn't seem right since I have a 4gb hard drive already.

Anyone know why & how to fix this? Thanks. Sorry if this is posted in the wrong section.

Verified Answer
    • Level   2
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

You will need to purchase the 250 gb hard drive in order to play original Xbox games. The 4gb is internal flash memory and is not considered a hard drive. The hard drive is required because of the emulation software installed that is required to run original games.

• Level   2
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

Btw the 4gig xbox s doesn't have a hd that's flash memory which doesn't have the Emulator you need to buy the 250 gig HDD for the xbox s

All Replies
    • Level   2
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

You will need to purchase the 250 gb hard drive in order to play original Xbox games. The 4gb is internal flash memory and is not considered a hard drive. The hard drive is required because of the emulation software installed that is required to run original games.

• Level   2
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

Btw the 4gig xbox s doesn't have a hd that's flash memory which doesn't have the Emulator you need to buy the 250 gig HDD for the xbox s

• Level   2

Thank you both for your help. Looks like i should have just bought the 250gb version

• Level   1

Thats pretty stupid. So the only solution is spend $250.00 on a new console? Wow I'm regretting not getting a PS3 already.

• Level   1

ScareGold584637
    So the only solution is spend $250.00 on a new console?

You dug up a thread from May, 2011, to ask about how to play original XBOX games on the supported list?

Adding a HDD to a console is not $250, it's $100 or so.

• Level   3

even less these day's