This question is answered

controller wont connect to xbox

• Level   1

Both my controller's wont connect to my Xbox. They search for each other (green spinning circles) and then both flash a couple times in sync but wont register the controller player 1. Sometimes they will connect without me having to sync them  if I turn them on about 5 seconds after my Xbox but otherwise will not. The controllers work fine on my second Xbox. If someone knows how to fix this I would love to know how.

Verified Answer
    • Level   S
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

My apologies for misreading your post. OK, so these controllers work fine with no HDD attached, correct? What if you use a different HDD on your console? Have you also tried your controllers on a different console to see if they work? If so, you may need a repair or a replacement of your HDD. You can start the repair process online (support.xbox.com/.../repair-process) if you go that route. Let me know if this helps, thanks!

All Replies
    • Level   1

Noticed tonight that i can get the controller to connect if  I turn it on at about 5 seconds after turning on my xbox but my headset (wired) (definately works) wont connect. Also when i hold the dashboard button and select turn off controller it doesny do anything. Whats going on!?

• Level   S
    • Suggested Answer

Hey there Sean! So you have two controllers and a wireless headset, correct? Have you tried to sync all of these devices again (support.xbox.com/.../connecting-game-controllers)? Try disconnecting all accessories, then sync the headset, and then a controller. You can also change the player position of the headset by pressing the sync button. Let me know if that helps, thanks!

• Level   1

I don't have a wireless headset only wired one but I have tried to sync my controllers many times and cant get them to work.

• Level   1

Ok more information. Today I found out the controllers work perfectly if the hard drive is removed. Later I will try clearing the cache and see if that solves it.

• Level   S
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

My apologies for misreading your post. OK, so these controllers work fine with no HDD attached, correct? What if you use a different HDD on your console? Have you also tried your controllers on a different console to see if they work? If so, you may need a repair or a replacement of your HDD. You can start the repair process online (support.xbox.com/.../repair-process) if you go that route. Let me know if this helps, thanks!

• Level   1

My controllers don't work with another HDD and They do work on my second console. I think I may be in need of a repair unless there is a way to stop my second console from scratching my discs while playing without sending it in.