This question is answered

My Xbox 360 is stuck on the Splash Screen, please help.

• Level   1

Hi,

Yesterday, I was playing Skyrim, when all of a sudden, my Xbox freezes. This is not so uncommon when playing Skyrim, so elect to restart my Xbox manually. However, when it turns on, it will not move past the initial screen with the logo for Xbox on it, (you know, the grey ball and the green X?) My Xbox has NO modifications of any kind, and has not gone through any physical abuse, or been repaired by third party companies. I'm at my wits end here. What should I do? 

Verified Answer
    • Level   S
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

Hey there Stove! I understand you are having some freezing issues here. First, I'd like to have you test the hard drive. What you need to do is turn the console off, remove the HDD completely, turn the console on, and see how the console behaves. If it loads up properly and has no issues, turn it off again, attach the HDD, and boot it up. If your issues come back, we can point to the HDD as the cause here, and I would recommend a replacement. Let me know if that helps, and we'll go from there. Thanks!

All Replies
    • Level   S
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

Hey there Stove! I understand you are having some freezing issues here. First, I'd like to have you test the hard drive. What you need to do is turn the console off, remove the HDD completely, turn the console on, and see how the console behaves. If it loads up properly and has no issues, turn it off again, attach the HDD, and boot it up. If your issues come back, we can point to the HDD as the cause here, and I would recommend a replacement. Let me know if that helps, and we'll go from there. Thanks!

• Level   1

really the same thing happened to me just wait for about 5 mins and it will work