This question is not answered

Xbox 360 4GB Problems (Please Help!)

• Level   5

Hey there,

So my friend just bought her first brand new Xbox 360 today. She went with the Xbox 360 'Arcade' (4GB model). Unfortunately she's been trying to play Wolfenstein and the system makes an unusually loud sound, and the game constantly keeps crashing after several attempts. Sometimes the disc doesn't read, or the game just completely freezes over and over. 

Also she's been trying to download the trial version of Marble Blast Ultra. Well, apparently it's nowhere to be found in the games library! And already her system is half-full, 2GB are already taken!

I've heard numerous problems with the 4GB Xbox 360 Arcade... But could it be rotten luck in that she got a broken model? I'm trying to convince her to return it in exchange of the Xbox 360 Pro 20GB because mine has been working perfectly for well over a year now. 

What are your thoughts? Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you!

All Replies
    • Level   8

I'm sure they stopped making the Arcades/Pros when the Slim was unveiled and hence stopped selling them when the stock ran out so I highly doubt that's a brand new console she's bought. The Arcades never had 4GB of memory installed either, they either got a 256MB memory card or 512MB of internal memory. Either way I'd take it back to the store for an exchange, delete her GT from the console first though (do note down the WLID first).

Ryder Cup: 10-6 up and you blew it? hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Oh wait you serious? Let me laugh even harder BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

• Level   5

Thanks. What is WLID though?

• Level   8

WLID is the e-mail address you use to log into XBL

Ryder Cup: 10-6 up and you blew it? hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Oh wait you serious? Let me laugh even harder BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!