This question has suggested answer(s)

Xbox making loud buzzing noise

• Level   1

I Got a xbox slim 250 gig just over a year ago and a few weeks it ago it started making a loud buzzing noise, Happens as soon as it turns on just sitting on the dashboard and yesterday i turned it on the noise went into over drive really loud i had to unplug the xbox to get it to stop any ideas? is it a easy problem to fix? i dont wanna use my xbox incase it breaks now 

All Replies
    • Level   7

DaG Micky

I Got a xbox slim 250 gig just over a year ago and a few weeks it ago it started making a loud buzzing noise, Happens as soon as it turns on just sitting on the dashboard and yesterday i turned it on the noise went into over drive really loud i had to unplug the xbox to get it to stop any ideas? is it a easy problem to fix? i dont wanna use my xbox incase it breaks now 

Is the console vertical or horizontal?

If you are worried about it, send it in for a repair and pick the options that are the most similar to yours like the disc drive.

Set up a repair here.  

Ahhh, the sweet smell of pigskin is in the air. E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles!!!   8-3 after an easy win. Huge game with the Cowboys up next.

@1brandiesel

• Level   1

its horizontal

• Level   7

If it's making a loud noise while just being idle you may want to send it in for a repair or at least call support to see what they think. You get your console back quick now-a-days.

Ahhh, the sweet smell of pigskin is in the air. E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles!!!   8-3 after an easy win. Huge game with the Cowboys up next.

@1brandiesel

• Level   2
    • Suggested Answer

Hi there. After doing some research I've found that this seems to be a disc drive problem. Try the suggestions on this disc drive solution help page support.xbox.com/.../disc-drive-solution  to see if it makes any difference in the noise.

keep us updated.

• Level   2

I would try and clear the system cache

support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache

• Level   S
    • Suggested Answer

Greetings, DaG Micky! I wanted to check in here and see if you still need assistance. Let us know if you do and we'll be happy to help! Thanks!

How to use the forums
    Retired Support Agent - No PMs please!

• Level   1

i would think its the disk drive or maybe the fans...

• Level   1

If you don't want to send your xbox in, you could try installing a game to the hard drive and playing that way. The disk will spin for a bit while the game is loading, but should stop after a little bit.

If the noise stops, then your disk drive is vibrating. If not, then it's probably a fan.

• Level   1

@Zoobabwa

that is what i said pretty much what i said XD

• Level   1

I have a refurbished Xbox 360 Arcade  that I got a while ago (between 9 months to little over a year ago). I keep it laying on its side in my room. For the longest time,the fan would only blow audibly whenever I was playing a visually-high-quality game like Brutal Legend, Bulletstorm, Halo 4, Arkham Asyulm/ City or Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3. Since my brother put a cable box in my room and decided to put my 360 on top of it, I also have been hearing an audible humming that sometimes goes towards buzzing. And, after two and a half weeks of not playing my 360, and trying to connect a second controller for my guest, I heard a combination hum/buzz as I was setting it up and it was idle. Could it be because it was on top of the cable box? Or of dust that gathered around the system?

OTAKU!

• Level   S

Hi Demon. This thread is a bit old. If you could please go ahead and create a new thread, that would be great. Thank you!

• Level   1

I hear a loud buzzing noise too, yet it is not coming from the Xbox 360. I thought it was, but it was not. It is coming from the power supply.

• Level   1

Yeah my power supply is also make a loud noise.

• Level   X

G'day Akasha! If you'd like help with your console and power supply, please start a new thread so that we can offer the best individual assistance to you there. This thread is a bit dusty. =)

Do you have an idea to improve Xbox for everyone? Share it with us at Xbox Feedback!

How to Use the Forums

• Level   1

Wiggle the disc tray about a couple of times and it should be alright.  I has happened before to me.