This question has suggested answer(s)

• Level   2

im having trouble downloading my profile it suddenly stops and give me 80151012 on my counsel

All Replies
    • Level   8
    • Suggested Answer

Hi there,

-

this problem indicates that your account might be locked, check the following link for details and some possible resolutions:

support.xbox.com/.../error-code-80151012

-

Let us know the results :-)

• Level   1

I've been having the same problem downloading it onto friends' consoles this past week.

• Level   5

Hi there sheMehay, please attempt the suggested troubleshooting in WPAK's post above yours.

Solutions

To resolve this problem, try to reset the password for your Microsoft account:

1. Go to the Reset your password page.
    2. Click to select I think someone else is using my Microsoft account.
    3. Click Reset your password.
    4. Enter your Microsoft account name.
    5. Type the characters you see in the picture.
    6. Click Next.
    7. Click Customer support.
    8. When Customer support appears, click it.
    9. Enter the Microsoft account that you are trying to recover.
    10. Enter your contact email address.
    11. Click Continue.
    12. Validate your identity by providing as much information as you can on the Microsoft account recovery page.
    13. Follow the instructions to finish.
    • Level   2

I have having the same problem while trying to download my friend's gamertag. He went through that process and gave me the new password but it still gives me that error message when I try to download it.

• Level   5

Hi FTG Ruuku, I have responded to your question in this thread: forums.xbox.com/.../317950.aspx

• Level   8

@FTG Ruuku if you take a look at the link i provided inky earlier post, you can see that if you still have the problem after resetting your password you should contact Xbox support (I would advise by phone)

• Level   1

add or update your security proofs this should work

• Level   1

I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM!!!!!!!  THE NEW CODE VERIFICATION TWO STEP BS WONT LET ME LOG INTO MY PROFILE LIVE!  I HAVE FOLLOWED EVERY STUPID STEP THEY HAVE AND STILL NOTHING. I HAVE RESETED MY PASSWORD, UPDATED PROFILE AND MICROSOFT ACCOUNT. IVE PUT IN THE PASSWORD FOR MY PROFILE AND STILL GET AN ERROR CODE... THANKS MICROSOFT.....YOU GUYS ROCK.

• Level   S

G'day MORIDIN! Sorry to hear about the sign-in problems. However, 2-step verification is not related to the error code mentioned by the original poster here. Your issue may be different than what's being discussed, so let's start fresh. Please start a new thread explaining exactly what happens when you try to sign in, and what steps you've tried. We'll work from there. =)

• Level   2
    • Suggested Answer

Have you added security proofs to your account yet? That error can be resolve by ensuring that you have two pieces of security contact info in addition to your sign in email. You can add security proofs to your account on http://account.live.com/proofs. You should be good to go after that, if not, contact support.

• Level   1

I will start with the beginning.  I updated my account info, got an authenticator. Would not verify and allow me to log into my profile. I proceeded to receive different error codes. Step by step I eliminated these codes buy changing account password, also system cache dump. Refreshed my two step random password, also delete my profile.  When I try to redone load my profile it accepts password. Proceeds to download profile then shuts down and receive this error code in regard to his thread. I have called support and they are looking into the matter and may take some time. Thanks for the help! I can really use it lol. I'm a gamer  getting fidgity not being able to play haha

• Level   1

Okay, so those steps on support.xbox.com/.../error-code-80151012 are completely useless. This is so aggravating. There is no option for me to select  "I think someone else is using my Microsoft account" on the Reset Password page. There is also no "Customer Support" option. I am completely lost on what to do. Someone please help.

• Level   2
    • Suggested Answer

Oh! You will want to fill out an account recovery form. https://account.live.com/acsr. This will reset your password, but should resolve the issue. If it doesn't, please contact support.