This question has suggested answer(s)

HDMI output has stopped working

• Level   1

Hello!

I've been using XBOX360 Elite for quite some time and I had no problem with it's HDMI output, until now. I disconnected the console from my TV and and a week later, after reconnecting it back again to the same TV - I couldn't get the picture anymore.

All I see is the black screen, although I can hear Dashboard sounds on my TV. Component output works fine, but I need that HDMI.

What I know:

- I tested many HDMI cables - other HDMI devices (like PS3) work with them and my TV.

- I tested 2 TVs with HDMI input - result is the same.

- I tried to reset display settings of the console by holding Y and right trigger when console is booting. No result.

- When the console is plugged in directly to the TV and I switch HDMI inputs using a remote controller, XBOX reboots itself. I've read that it is supposed to happen if Component cables are connected at the same time, but they are not connected when it happens.

In what other ways should I test to be 100% sure that HDMI port of the XBOX360 is broken? I haven't reset the console to the factory defaults, do you think it would help?

My console is part the warranty, and I assume fixing HDMI output would be very expensive...

If you have any suggestions, I will be very grateful for them :)

If it matters, my TV is Sony Bravia LCD KDL-40W4000

Mark

All Replies
    • Level   X
    • Suggested Answer

Hi - it sounds like your console is in need of repair. You can set up a repair here: myservice.xbox.com

Emily - Program Manager @ Xbox, Xbox One Preview Program