This question has suggested answer(s)

System Update Stopped

• Level   2

I put Madden NFL 12 disc in my console and my xbox start updating then restart and continue with the update and on the half of it stoped and show me message:

Cant read the update from the disc.Please reinsert the disc to continue the update.

If the problem persists,visit www.xbox.com/support

Status Code: 3151-335A-B800-0F00-C000-0013

Please help I dont know what to do :(

All Replies
    • Level   1

Same problem. Please help!

• Level   2

Me too!  This is so frustrating and support cannot give me an answer!  All I know is that it might be the code for tampering, but I never tampered with my xbox.  

• Level   1

Same Problem !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Help Me Please :/

• Level   1

Same problem, inserted the new maddan 12 disc, system started to upgrade, then the same message displayed. I have tried the other online suggestions (download the update via zip file, open, transfer to USB flash drive, restart the xbox with the USB flash drive installed, etc.) no luck. No matter what game/disc I install it keeps going to the System Update Stopped screen. Help!!!

• Level   4
    • Suggested Answer

I would definitely suggest trying to install the update via the 'Local Install' method.

You can do this at http://www.xbox.com/update

• Level   1

darthbob, no luck, tried both the USB and the CD/DVD update option. Any other ideas anyone?

Thanks!

• Level   4

the error means (from what I can tell) is that your DVD drive doesn't have the anticpated firmware on it.  when upgrading to the latest dashboards, the update flashes your drive to a new verison, but if the drive is identifying itself incorrectly, it will give this error.

you should give XBOX support a call.

• Level   2

Talax, Xbox support refers us to come here.  They say that they don't know how to help.  This sucks!

• Level   1

have you found any solution yet??

• Level   X
    • Suggested Answer

Hey there - the solution for this error is to try installing the update via a CD or USB Flash Drive. Not all flash drives will work, so if one doesn't work, it's good to try another. More info: support.xbox.com/.../system-update-help

• Level   1

I just had the problem described but with Rage. I used the USB method described by Miss Portia, soled my problem. Be sure to extract update to root folder of USB disk. Thanks for the help!!

• Level   1

I do not know the man and appeared to me but I just put the game dragon ball z tenkaichi ultimate

• Level   1

3151-335A-B800-0F00-C000-0013

• Level   X

@NinthMarlin - can you try the steps I listed above?

• Level   1

mesmo problema