This question is answered

Using a external hard drive on a 4gb slim

• Level   3

I have a 250gb external drive which im looking at partioning with 16gb for the xbox and the rest for movies and music is this possible? if not are the 250gb drives on ebay i see ok to work on these new consoles wether they are official or not? regards blue

Lets type something random like caroline cheese
Verified Answer
  • TheBlueGaloo
    I have a 250gb external drive which im looking at partioning with 16gb for the xbox and the rest for movies and music is this possible?

You can partition it if you'd like. The 360's configuration system will create one large FAT32 partition and put the USB MU files on it. Nothing stops you from using the rest of the FAT32 space for whatever you want.

If you want to leave some of the drive formatted NTFS, you'll need to create the FAT32 and NTFS partitions manually via a PC.

if not are the 250gb drives on ebay i see ok to work on these new consoles wether they are official or not?

This would be where the phrase, "If it looks too good to be true, it usually is," comes to mind.

No, they're not legitimate drives.

All Replies
    • Level   V

Yes  that should be possible. I believe once you plugged the hard drive into the Xbox it will automatically configure the 16 gb and leave the rest.

Don't trust the hard drives from ebay. Most of them are fakes.

• Level   1

What if my hardrive has already been formatted and has half of it's 1TB memory taken up?

• Level   S

Hey there Blassphomy! Are you having trouble using this USB device with your console? If so, what part of the process is not going properly? You can get all the information on setting up and using a USB device here (forums.xbox.com/.../153178.aspx). Let us know, thanks!