This question is not answered

Broken unplayable "game" for sale on Marketplace

• Level   6

I have previously posted about an issue with this game and another user has reported the latest issue in the report abuse section of the Xbox Live Indie Games forum area,

The game Banana Bananza is at present unplayable. It wasn't always so but for whatever reason the game itself is corrupt or there is an issue with the games coding. 

If you download the game it will show as corrupt as say you need to delete and re-download it.

I have done the following to try and fix it.

Delete and re-download 

Delete and restart my xbox and re-download

Delete clear the cache and restart my xbox then re-download

None of which have worked.

I'm am in the UK and my account is set to the UK region.

As of now the game I have linked to is not functional and as such not fit for purpose under the UK SOGA (Sales of Goods Act). continuing to sell said game is actually deceptive and highly disrespectful to customers. Also that 30% cut taken of games sales actually does mean that action needs to be taken and Xbox has some level of responsibility not least due to it being the Xbox marketplace the game is being sold on.

I am posting here because I was told to by a member of Xbox support staff, if this is the wrong location then could someone please direct me to the right location.

I have also linked all relevant points to the locations including a link of a screenshot of the message displayed when you try to launch the game.  

All Replies
    • Level   4

Hi, Microsoft may not realise that the game is corrupt.  If you can contact the developer then maybe they can take the game off the marketplace and put a more recent version on.

Xbox Community Ambassador

If you have found my post to be helpful & if you like my post, then please click the like button below!

• Level   6

^considering the developers previous games and the amount of effort put into this game. I'd say it's highly unlikely.

Also it is not my responsibility to try to get a game fixed.

Microsoft are happy to sell this game on their marketplace.

Microsoft are happy to take a 30% cut of the games sales.

Microsoft are the ones responsible for sorting this out, contacting the developer and actually acting on this.

Believe me when I say the game is terrible however it is a product that barely meets the requirements to be called functional (and I mean barely) but in it's present state it is just a load of corrupt code an error screen.