This question is answered

fix perfect circle

• Level   1

i need to get rid of perfect circle scratch on my grand theft auto game and dont come with "oh the tooth paste"" ohh the rent or borrow game from store or friend"(i dont know anybody that i know that ownes grand theft auto 4  nor rent from a store because i cant drive because im too young nor buy a new game because im broke and cant get allowence ) so give me useful answers that i can fix this scratch

This is the

NERD GAMER GENERATION!!!!!!!!!!!!

Verified Answer
  • yeah that type of scratch from a console that was jostled or moved when the 360 is on usually can't be fixed 100% cause they are usually deep.  getting another copy of that game sadly may be your ONLY option.  nobody on the forums or support will be able to help you, sorry.

XBOX 360, kicking other consoles backsides since 2005.

• Looks like you need to go talk to your friend about buying you a new game.

All Replies
    • Level   5

those are the only ones or take it to a store that sells used games and CD/DVD discs as most of them will have a machine that can buff and polish MOST scratches out.

• Level   2
    • Suggested Answer

Hello,

Have you attempted to wipe the game w/ a soft cloth? Roughly how deep is the circle in the disk? I would actually try the toothpaste trick...

"Polish the CD. Though counterintuitive, polishing a disc can repair a scratched CD by removing some of the outer plastic coating and thus making existing scratches shallower. A number of common household products can be used to polish the CD, but toothpaste — especially baking soda toothpaste — and Brasso are probably the most tried and true. You can also use a fine-grit polishing compound that's used for cars or hard finishes.

1. Apply a small amount of toothpaste (must be paste, not gel) or Brasso to a soft, clean, lint-free (old undershirt) cloth: an eyeglass-cleaning cloth works well.

2. Gently rub the cloth on the scratch or scuff in a radial motion, (start at the center and rub out to the edge, like spokes on a wheel). Do this 10 or 12 times all around the CD. Rubbing in a circular motion can cause small scratches that throw off the laser tracking system in the player. Try to focus your efforts solely on the scratch or scratches you’ve identified (if possible).

3. Polish in this manner for a couple of minutes, reapplying Brasso or toothpaste to the cloth as necessary. Be careful not to apply much pressure, although you will still be able to feel the cloth gently scratching the CD as it polishes." Other then that I would have to suggest picking up another copy of GTA4 (they are fairly cheap now).

Regards,

Jared

• Level   1

really i tried tooth paste and 1/3 got off but i need something better

This is the

• Level   2
    • Suggested Answer

Hey Gamer,

I'd suggest you go to a local BlockBuster or Video Store (if they still exist). These stores have professional disc cleaners which can hopefully fix the problem! They usually only charge a dollar or two as well!

Best,

Jared

• Level   1

alright im going to get my friend to take me to a video store or something like that and hopefully this works  ( God help!!!!)

This is the

• Level   8

I thought you were broke. If the scratch you are referring to is the one done when you move the console when it is on and it circle scratches the disc then it is usually too deep to be fully removed. The usual recourse it to purchase another copy of the game. Also, be sure not to move the console when it is on and there is a disc inside it. If it happened when the unit was not moved, then there is an issue with the disc reader and you should contact support for a repair. If you want to confirm this then put a blank/music cd in the tray and try playing it. If a scratch appears call support, if not then you should be safe to use a game in it. 

• Level   1

look this is what happened . i was playing the game with my friends and one of my friends kicked the xbox , he said "it was in his way" and by "broke" i mean mother wont give me allowence

This is the

• Level   1

probably your advice now will be beat the hell out of my friend

This is the

• yeah that type of scratch from a console that was jostled or moved when the 360 is on usually can't be fixed 100% cause they are usually deep.  getting another copy of that game sadly may be your ONLY option.  nobody on the forums or support will be able to help you, sorry.

• Looks like you need to go talk to your friend about buying you a new game.

• Level   1

im going to get a new game now ..thanks for the advice

This is the

• Level   1

Well Only think is the toothpaste depending how deep or get a new game

• Level   5

Wedding, this thread is from spring '12 over a year ago please mind the post dates before bumping a thread that is over a year old thanks.