This question has suggested answer(s)

Can't connect to xbox live but says i'm connected to the internet..

• Level   1

Hey guys... so i'm having trouble connecting to xbox live both wirelessly and with an ethernet cord. When trying to test the connection it always fails trying to connect to xbox live and i get the error message 'Your router or ISP may be blocking access to Xbox Live....make sure port 3074 is open on your firewall...'

So i have contacted both my ISP and the router tech support and have gotten nowhere and I'm sure someone on here knows a lot better than these dudes.

I guess i'm having trouble turning this port on but here is some of the basics that maybe someone knows how to do this..

Thing thing thats strange though is that I've been connected to xbox live before on this same network, same router, same everything and its been fine. it stopped working about a month ago and haven't gotten around to figuring out exactly what was wrong.

What Country/State/Province do you live in? Texas
Router brand & model number: Linksys E3000
Network Connection Type: Wireless/Wired - tried both
If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter? external white adapter
Things you have tried: I have restarted modem/router/xbox a bunch of times, tried turning port 3074 in my router configuration webpage, went through all the troubleshooting from xbox. 

What type of internet do you have? Cable
Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? Time Warner Cable
After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" and click on "More info", what is the exact message shown on screen? Your console is connected to the Internet but can't contact Xbox Live. Your router or ISP may be blocking access to Xbox Live. On your PC, go to your router configuration webpage and make sure port 3074 is open on your firewall. If it is open, it may be blocked outside your home network. Contact your ISP.

All Replies
    • Level   X
    • Suggested Answer

Hey there - if you've been able to connect with the router before, can you try resetting your router's settings to their defaults? Does that help?

Emily - Program Manager @ Xbox, Xbox One Preview Program