This question is answered

Wrong WEP or WPA key? *updated*

• Level   3

This is the updated information on my issue after being told to provide the correct info. Here is a link to my old post that stated what problem I was having. Feel free to go and take a look it if you would like.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/9/t/150505.aspx 

What Country/State/Province do you live in? 
United States/Indiana 

Modem brand & model number: 
Netgear  WGR614v6

Router brand & model number:
Surfboard  SB5101

Network Connection Type: Wireless/Wired
Wireless

If Wireless, what type of encryption are you using?
WPA-PSK
If Wireless, are you using a white or black external adapter, or an internal (Xbox 360S) adapter?
white external adapter

Things you have tried: 
Restarted network equipment, restored adapter to factory settings, disconnected from network and scanned again, and unplugged adapter.

Is UPnP Enabled? Yes/no/Unknown
Yes

Is NAT Type Open? 
Yes

Any Error Codes you encounter: 
No. Other than the dialog box that comes up (explained in old post).

What type of internet do you have? Cable/DSL/T1/3G? 
Cable

Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? 
Comcast

After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" and click on "More info", what is the exact message shown on screen?
"There's a problem with your connection. Select More Info for a description of the proble and how you can fix it."

After choosing "More Info."

"Can't connect to your wireless network.  Your wireless network is secured with a WEP key or WPA passphrase.  Your console may be using the wrong one.

On your PC, go to your router configuration webpage and write down your wireless network's WEP key or WPA passphrase.

You can fid help about WEP and WPA at www.xbox.com/networkhelp.

In the list of available networks, press Y to disconnect, then select your wireless network again and set it up using the correct key or passphrase.  Do you want to set up your network again?" 

"Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter." --
Verified Answer
    • Level   S
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

Hey IronboundRook30! Can you please create a brand new thread detailing your issue and listing any steps you've tried to resolve the issue! Make sure to follow the tips Shad0wmanUK listed above! :)

All Replies
    • Level   8

Hi,

Are you 100% sure you are entering the right WPA passphrase? It is CasE SENsitive

Also is your SSID (network name) one word or two and what version of firmware is the Netgear using?

• Level   1
    • Suggested Answer

The wrong wpa passphras...i need hlep

• Level   S
    • Verified Answer
    • Verified by

Hey IronboundRook30! Can you please create a brand new thread detailing your issue and listing any steps you've tried to resolve the issue! Make sure to follow the tips Shad0wmanUK listed above! :)