This question is not answered

Randomly Disconnecting from Xbox Live

• Level   1

I have recently come across random disconnections from xbox live, sometimes I can play for awhile with no problem but sometimes it disconnects every 5mins. I have tried every fix I can find from power cycles to DMZ Hosts, to DHCP Settings, to static IPs/DNS and this problem is still happening.

I get no errors, it allows me to reconnect right away most of the time (sometimes it fails but will connect after the fail connection before giving me an error), any help would be awesome.

What Country/State/Province do you live in?
Boston, MA
Modem brand & model number:
Actiontec GT724WGR
Router brand & model number:
Actiontec GT724WGR
Things you have tried: Stated above
Is UPnP Enabled? Yes
Do you have a NAT error? No
Any Error Codes you encounter: None
Who is your ISP(Internet Service Provider)? Verizon DSL
After you run "Test Xbox LIVE connection" press “Y” for "More Info”. In the pop-up that appears, what are the following values, if shown? (If a value below does not appear for you, just leave it blank.)
W: 0000 - 000B
X: 0000 - F001
Y: 20A8 - 4840
Z: 0000 - 0000
ID: FFFF - FFFF
L: 0015 - 10F0
Q: 8015 - 100D
T: WIRED
D: 192.168.0.4/255.255.255.0
S: 192.168.0.1
C: 192.168.0.1/8.8.8.4

All Replies
    • Level   S

Hey there Pwnz! I understand you are having some issues connecting to LIVE. When you get disconnected, do you find that it happens when you do something, like load a game or app, or does it seem random? Does it disconnect if you simply leave it on the Dashboard?

You also seem to have tried a lot of steps, including UPnP. Did you also try steps for port forwarding as well? If so, please discontinue one of these, as they do not play very well together. Let me know if that helps, thanks!

• Level   1

I have not yet tried sitting in dashboard as sometimes it takes a long time for a disconnect but I will try that tonight, if I had to pin a time on any given disconnect I would have to say they happen the most during the switch from a game to a lobby. For example as a game ends and its taking the players to the lobby or as the lobby starts to bring players into a game, not sure if that matters or not.

As for the UPnP, I will turn that off and keep port forwarding - if that fails I will do it the other way around.

For further updates should I post in this thread again with results?

• Level   S

Absolutely! This is your thread and any information relating to your issue (changes, steps you've tried, questions you have) should go here. Let me know about how those tests go, thanks!

• Level   1

I have tried both UPnP only and Port Forwarding only and seen no results, I still seem to be randomly disconnecting

• Level   S

Alright, thanks for testing that out Pwnz! I think it might be best, given the number of steps we've tried, to start from scratch and work our way back up. Try resetting your network hardware and the console's network settings to factory defaults. Then set everything back up one step at a time until you get a working connection. Sometimes doing all these steps at once can be the cause for network issues. Let me know how that goes, thanks!